Pre-Date Stress // Chapter 26

After Andrew left, I decided I should probably start getting ready, too.

I jumped in the shower first. I shaved and washed my hair so I was in there for a good 15 minutes. After that, I decided to do my makeup. I thought of doing something that looks like a little of a different than what I normally do. I put on my foundation first then I put on some liquid eyeliner (which I hate but since this is for a special occasion, it works) on my top lid and made the cat eye look. It took about 20 minutes to get the stupid thing perfect and fill it in properly. For my waterline, I just put on a line of black pencil eyeliner, adding a pop. We have a problem though.

I have no idea what I want to wear.

Should I wear a dress? Like the movie theater is a very casual place so I don't think a dress would be such a good idea.

I could wear sweatpants because that's casual enough for the movie theater. But what about the restaurant? I don't know where we are going so I think that's a no for the sweatpants.

What about skirts? I only have like 3 but people wear them out for every occasion.

I looked through my closet and found the three skirts I had. They were pretty adorable, but not what I was looking for. One of them was really long and was green so I didn't really have a top to go with this.

Why the hell do I have a green skirt anyway?

Focus, Maddie. You have only an hour left. Oh my gosh it was already 3 o'clock.

One of my other skirts were a coral color and only went to my knees. It was pretty but like I said, it wasn't what I wanted for tonight.

My third skirt was black and it was like a pencil skirt, except a little more room. It was way too formal so that was a no.

What was I going to wear? I still had to do my hair and I wanted an hour to do that and obviously that's not going to happen. I was going to have 20 minutes if I was lucky.

I looked through my closet taking out outfits and putting them back. My floor was filled was clothes. I didn't care at the moment.

I knew I needed help because I was really panicking. I decided to call the one person I knew that could help me:

Lori.

-Phone Convo-

When she picked up the phone, I didn't even let her get a word out. "He-" she started. "LORI I NEED HELP! I HAVE A DA-" she interrupted me this time. "Date in about a half hour. I know you do. People talk to me." I knew she was smirking even though I couldn't see. "Yea ok. I'm not going to ask I need help. Can you come over?" She sighed, "When do you need me?" "About 20 minutes ago," I responded. She just laughed. "Ok Ok I'll come over now." "Thank you. See you in a minute bye," I said all to quick and hung up.

When she arrived, I threw open the door and grabbed her hand. I dragged her up the stairs and into my room. "Help me!" I yelled. "Ok ok ok ok ok I'm hear you don't need to yell." "Sorry," I said with a nervous chuckle.

She moved over to my closet and started picking out outfits.

"What about this?" she asked me holding out a green t-shirt and jean shorts that were pretty short. "Uh no. I don't want to be known as a slut." She chuckled, "What about this?" She was holding a blue dress that had fake diamonds studded around the neckline. "I wasn't going to wear a dress because of the movie," I said. She was started to get annoyed. "Fine what about this?"

That was it.

"That's the one," I said, my eyes getting huge. "CUE THE ANGEL CHOIR," I screamed and she started to burst out laughing.