three

Melody
- "Oh stop it!" I giggled loudly as Max was teasing me by stealing my IceTea over and over again. "What? I'm not doing anything," he softly chuckled and shot his eyebrows up in innocence. Every time I wasn't looking he took my drink, this was the third time he did so.

"I'm serious Max, leave my drink alone!" I yelled, bumping his shoulder.

He sighed deeply and handed me my glass of IceTea over. "Just keep an eye on it, then" Max winked, which made me chuckle.

"Oh I will!"

I grabbed my glass and took a little sip. Max did so too, as he had ordered the same as I had.

There fell a silence between us and I could tell that the eyes of James were focused on us all the time and although I didn't know why he was keeping an eye on us, he still did.

I let my eyes subtly fall on Max, who started a conversation with Daniel. I didn't really hear what they said, but it was definitely about something private as they were whispering.

I inspected Max thoroughly, realizing he was quite handsome.

After a few minutes I realized I was still gazing at him and I decided to look away immediately, however, I suddenly faced James' staring at me. He grinned slightly, probably looking at me for the whole time I had been watching Max.

I felt my cheeks heating up a little and I looked down my feet, avoiding James' staring.

-
Max
I sighed softly, what was Daniel thinking?

"Oh really Dan, I know her for not even an hour and you think I'm making moves on her already?" I whispered whilst sounding incredibly annoyed.

"No, I'm not saying that I just- she's sitting next to you Max, maybe it's better if we talk somewhere else?" Daniel suggested.

"Fine," I replied whilst shrugging my shoulders.

Of course I wasn't making any moves on her, I just liked her, maybe we could even become friends.

"Boys- and lady.. Max and I are going for a little walk, we'll be back in time."

I pushed myself of the chair and together with Daniel, I walked away from the others. We took a seat somewhere we couldn't be seen by them.

"So, you're not making a move on her?" Daniel trailed off.

"Of course I'm not making any moves, you know I'm absolutely not like that, Dan" I sighed in disbelief as I considered Daniel as a friend of mine and he apparently didn't know anything about me.

"I know you're not that kind of person, but I've never seen you when you like someone, so.." Daniel shrugged his shoulders as he pointed out he had no idea what to think about this.

"Calm down Dan, I like her.. in a friendly way, I was even wondering if we could become friends or something."

"Okay, well then I trust you,"

"I just don't get it, even if I'd like her -which I do not- why would you care?" I quizzed, not knowing what the problem was.

"I don't know-" Daniel shrugged his shoulders briefly, "okay well maybe I do.. I feel like James likes her and I'm his friend so.."

I arched an eyebrow and rolled my eyes, "what? Listen, I'm not into her, it's actually quite simple, I'm just not into Melody and we're only friends, sort of." I said, placing my hand on my heart.