fifteen

Melody
- I parked my car in the parking lot and headed over to Max's apartment. Today Max invited me to come over at his place, he said Daniel would be there as well. I knocked on the door and waited.

Unfortunately Rose isn't able to join us as she's having work again. She likes it, that's what she keeps saying, but she hates not being able to meet up with us too. I got that, it's always fun when we're together.

I haven't had any contact with James, and I didn't want so either. He'd texted me lots of times but I kept ignoring his annoying messages. Sometimes a wave of guilt passed me and then I let my thoughts fly to the painful words he'd said to me, the angry look in his eyes when he called me a fake friend and slut, that always made sure I don't regret ignoring him, not even a little bit.

I broke out of thoughts as soon as Daniel opened the door. "Hi Mel, come in!" He said happily, pulling me inside and slamming the door. Daniel hugged me tight and I pressed a kiss on his cheek.

"Hi Dan, where's Max?"

Daniel softly grinned before answering. "Calm down, I knew you and Max were close, but I didn't expect you to miss him already!"

I turned slightly red and slapped Daniel friendly. "I'm not missing him, I'm wondering where he is as this is clearly his house, right?" I exclaimed. "Al right you've got me there, Max is just doing some grocery shopping and he'll be here in half an hour." Daniel explained and walked to the the fridge.

"You want something?" He friendly asked and I realized how thirsty I actually was. "Yes please." I answered politely. Daniel grabbed some juice out of the fridge and held it up. "Is this good?" He questioned. "It's perfect, thanks!" I muttered, nervously rocking the chair back and forth.

Daniel handed me the glass filled with juice and I started drinking eagerly. "You must've been thirsty!" Daniel laughed, but stopped as soon as he realized something.

"Melody, I actually wanted to talk to you and now Max isn't here it would probably be a good idea to do it now.." He trailed off, looking questioned at me. I sighed, not in the mood for a conversation. "Fine." I sucked in a deep breath and nodded as sign Daniel could start talking.

"So, you know- I talked to James, and-"

"You did what?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes and swallowing deeply.

"James stays at my house, what did you expect me to do otherwise?" Daniel sighed and pulled his eyebrows into a frown.

"Okay, true." I replied, still not very happy due to the fact Daniel talked to James properly.

I mean- he knows what James did to me, right? Isn't he mad at James for insulting his teammate and me?

"Look, we talked as soon as he entered my apartment and he told me he is really sorry about everything he'd said to you and he wants nothing more but solve things with you and I think you two should talk because you were once great friends, it's a shame if it ends this way, right?" Daniel rattled quickly, giving me a friendly glare.

My eyes widened as I didn't want to believe what Daniel was making clear. "You're on his side?" I asked and my voice cracked lightly.

"No! No I don't want you to think that, Mel. When I saw him for the first time after Max'd called me I already wanted to send him home and- I wanted to beat the living hell out of him" Daniel said. The last sentence was supposed to sound like a joke, however seriousness was laced in his tone.