nine

Melody
- It was finally Thursday, 13.00 p.m and Max and Daniel would arrive in a few hours. We would meet up around 18.00 p.m and have dinner together at my place.

I laid on a towel on the beach next to my best friend Rose, who listened to music and didn't hear anything I told her.

It was around 35 degrees and I felt like smelting all day. I was glad I lived near to the beach, I was able to swim whenever I wanted.

"Do you want to swim with me?" I asked Rose. She didn't respond because of the music she listened and I bumped her shoulder as sign I wanted her attention "What?" She mumbled, clearly tired of all the parties we had lately. "Do you want to swim with me?" I repeated my question and rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure, sorry I wasn't listening.." She turned down her music and stood up. "Seriously? You weren't listening, I didn't know that!" I scoffed with a slightly smirk on my face. "Oh you're mean! Come on let's go!" Rose pulled me towards the sea, and I ran as fast as I could to keep up with her.

We let ourselves fall into the water which was still quite cold. I yelled softly. "Oh it's so cold!" I called out, though I kind of liked it. "You're excited about tonight?" Rose curiously asked. I giggled softly. "Yes I am, and I'm nervous because I'm going to see them again and you are going to meet them!" I replied, still wondering how it was possible I met them earlier than Rose due the fact she was the hardcore fan, not me.

- - - - - - - -
Rose
It was 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and Daniel and Max could be here between now and an hour. Melody kept walking through the living room as she couldn't rest. She was nervous as hell, which was easy for me to see.

"What makes you feel so nervous, Mel? You better sit down, this is frustrating me," I told her, however I was still smirking. "Uh I already told you, you're about to meet them," She confirmed. "Oh shut up, you're not freaking out like this only because I'm gonna meet Daniel and Max," I said, knowing Melody was lying. "Well, I don't know, okay?" Melody replied, she clearly wanted to change the subject.

"Did you already make the food?" I asked. "Nope, I'm not sure what they want to eat, so.." She softly chuckled and I placed my head in my hands. "Oh come on, they don't get to decide if you are the one to make it.." I said with a stern look in my eyes. "I know, I was just doubting if we should make something or get something, like Chinese food or fries?" Melody looked questioned at me and I chuckled. "Okay, you're right, we'll wait till they're here." , "great,"

It was half an hour later and Max and Daniel still didn't show up, which drove me crazy. My best friend was way too annoying and that would only stop when they would arrive.

"Mel, calm fucking down, your make up already looks gorgeous, really," I told her.

Melody was busy with doing her hair and makeup. As reason she gave their might be a chance we'd go out or do something. I agreed, and made myself ready too. I thought I needed a lot of time to do so, but it wasn't normal how long it lasted with Melody.

- - - - - - - -
Melody
There knocked someone on the front door of my apartment. I jumped up from the chair I was sitting on and headed towards the door to open it. I sighed deeply before doing so.

I swung the door open and faced Max and Daniel. "Good evening, Mel!" Daniel called out, he wrapped his arms briefly around my neck. "I've missed you, how're you doing?" I smirked before answering. "I'm doing just great, there's just someone else I want to introduce you to," I said whilst pointing out Rose, who stood behind me and grinned shyly. Daniel nodded and I stepped aside to let him in.