eight

Max
- It was early in the morning and I still slept in some hotel in Spain, where tomorrow the Grand Prix would be. I sighed as I actually had to make myself ready.

I decided I had another 10 minutes before I would hurry to be ready in time. I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram. The first thing my eyes pulled themselves to, was a briefly video of Melody. In the video she stood on the dance floor with a sparkle in her eyes, another girl jumping onto her back and James who pulled her closer towards him.

I briefly closed my eyes to prevent myself from getting jealous, though I didn't really know why I would be jealous of that.

I thought about Melody, she would arrive in Monaco tonight and I was already looking forward to see her again.

Someone knocked on the door and I threw my phone away. I immediately stood up and pulled on a simply white t-shirt. I opened the door and faced Daniel.

"Good morning, Maxie" Daniel said. "Uh, good morning I think?" I grinned slightly before letting him in.

"So, you're late I see," Daniel told me whilst he kept grinning. "It's almost 8, we have to go in an hour and still have to eat breakfast, how are you planning to do that?"

I shrugged my shoulders slowly.

"I think I've to hurry," I admitted before running to the bathroom, which made Daniel burst out in laughter.

- - - - - -

Melody
I woke up and wiped my eyes with my hand. I slowly opened them and felt a headache coming up as my head was already pounding like a bitch.

Oh, what did I do this time?

I could slightly remember a few things from last night, which was an improvement already. I remembered dancing with Lucy, dancing with James, drinking alcohol and walking home.

And I remembered Lucy telling me James is into me.

I sighed deeply, thinking that what she said last night made probably no sense, as she was pretty drunk as well.

But despite that, it got stuck in my head for longer than I wanted.

Someone knocked on my door and I sighed deeply. "Come in.." I mumbled whilst feeling like I was still asleep.

Rose walked in and jumped next to me on the bed and hid herself under the sheets. "Good morning, party girl!" She yelled, which made me laugh slightly. "Good morning.." I softly muttered. "Did you have a good night yesterday?" Rose curiously asked. I licked my underlip and nodded. "Yeah it was good, a little bit too late, but good," I explained. "I heard you coming in around three, there was someone with you as you were talking.. who?"

My eyes suddenly widen and I started thinking who possibly could be with me last night.

And then I remembered.

James.

"Oh not someone special, just James as he lives one street further than we do," I told Rose who immediately grinned. "You remember everything you two talked about?" She carefully asked, which made me think deeply. "I don't believe I do, why?" I quickly replied.

"Do you think you're important to him?"

I softly smiled out of confusing. "I don't get it, I mean, maybe.. we're close friends," I briefly looked my best friend in the eyes and continued hesitantly. "You did hear something, didn't you?" I said as I felt like Rose knew a lot more than I did and she simply didn't tell me, which I found extremely frustrating.