seventeen

Daniel
- Max arrived at my apartment and I stopped packing my suitcase. I quickly opened the door for him and he instantly walked in. I saw him throwing his shoes somewhere in the room and he sat down the sofa.

However, there was absolutely something different about Max. He had slightly blushes on his cheeks and he couldn't sit still, tanning his fingers on the couch slyly.

"Did something happen, Max? You seem like a total different person." I asked with frowned eyebrows. Max looked at me and I saw his face quickly turning completely red.

"No, what makes you think that?" Max asked warily, shrugging his shoulders.

"Maybe the fact you're a bad liar and your face is red says enough," I commented, grinning softly.

"Oh, well I can't think about something that could possibly be different now, so?" Max gave me a dumb glare and shrugged his shoulders again.

"Hmm, so with Melody everything was fine?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. Max swallowed deeply and nodded.

"Yes, she's still mad at James and Rose for making out, but I think she'll get over it. I mean- you can't separate two persons who are desperately in love, right?" Max said, softly squeezing his bottom lip.

"Listen, Max, you know that's not true. James isn't in love with Rose, and Rose isn't in love with James." I exclaimed.

Max sucked in a deep breath. "Then why did they make out? Melody is totally broken and hurt! How can you call yourself a fucking friend whilst-"

"Max, don't insult her like that! Rose is a good friend, she was only drunk." I declared.

"Still, don't you think it's mean towards Melody?" Max asked, folding his hands to fists and clenching his jaw.

"No, I've kissed lots of girls when I was drunk, she just did too!" I sighed and threw my hands up in the air.

"Why do you keep taking- oh my god, is there a chance you may like Rose?" Max asked mischievously, widening his eyes.

My heart skipped a beat and I swallowed deeply. "No! She's like 7 years younger than I am, it wouldn't work and-"

"Well that wasn't the question." Max simply folded his arms over each other and grinned. I groaned as a reply and shook my head.
"I think it's the opposite. You like Melody and denying won't change it, Max" I responded, changing the topic.

I was absolutely not into Rose, she was like a friendly girl to me, but nothing more and Max should get that. Besides, I was not the one who fell desperately in love and just wasn't capable to admit it..

"I-"

"Something happened, right? Did you two kiss?" I called out, realizing what was going on.

"No!" Max declined, though his cheeks turned slightly red. "Yes, I can see it! How did it happen?" I ranted in enthusiasm.

Max sucked in a deep breath. "Alright, we kissed. But you can't tell anyone, especially not Rose or James!" He warned me.

"No worries, your little secret is safe by me. But please tell me what happened!" I pushed him, quickly sitting down next to Max.