twelve

Melody
- I watched Rose walking away, looking very disappointed. Her long blonde hair danced among her shoulders and she handily threw it behind her ears, something she always did when she was upset.

"I just don't get it, did I do something wrong?" I softly asked. "No you didn't." Max simply answered, still looking down his red towel, pretending like it was something very interesting to look at. "Then why did she act this way, she seemed angry and disappointed." I bit my lip, not knowing what to do next. I could stand up and head over to my best friend and ask her what's wrong but I could also stay here with Max, waiting for her to calm down a bit and explaining me what I did wrong.

"Don't worry about it, Mel, she's probably just bad tempered- that happens sometimes." He shrugged his shoulders. "Do you even care about this?!" I snapped at him, which I immediately regretted the second after.

"Sorry.." I quickly apologized. Max simply nodded as sign he accepted it. "Of course I care, it's just- I don't think there's really something wrong with her." Max replied, not looking very different after I snapped at him. "I don't know, maybe I did something wrong and if I did it's probably better if I just go back to the apartment.." I rattled.

"Melody stop it, you didn't do anything wrong and your best friend is just acting weird. Maybe she expected Daniel to be here as well and she felt a little sad as soon as she found out he isn't, just know it's not your fault okay?"

I briefly looked aside, facing Max's eyes again. I got caught in them and couldn't look away anymore. My heart skipped a beat as soon as our faces moved a little closer. I let out a softly breath as I felt something inside me, something I'd never felt before.

And then I realized what we were actually doing. "Okay.." I murmured, pulling away. My cheeks colored slightly red and I sucked in a deep breath.

We almost kissed.

"I think I uh- I think I should go.." I murmured, just wanting to leave this place as I simply couldn't be together with Max anymore. "Yeah me too.." He replied, running his hand through is hair. We stood up and packed our bags before we left.

"I can drive you home?" Max nicely suggested. "No I'm good, but thanks for the offer." I forced a smirk and wiped some sweat of my forehead. "No problem.." Max replied, also faking a smile.

I felt the tension between us growing and I hated it, we had such a great day and it still ended bad. "Well, I think I see you tonight then.." I mumbled. "Yes, of course!" Max said full of faked enthusiasm. He licked his lips and grabbed his car keys.

"Bye Mel, I liked it.." He said.

"See you." I quickly responded, ignoring his last sentence as I turned around and walked away. I felt Max's eyes burning on my back, but I didn't want to turn around for a wave anymore. I wanted to go home and just lay down in my bed.

I've been extremely stupid again, I gave Max another chance and let him mess with my head again. He's supposed to be a friend of mine who makes me laugh, instead of making me cry every time. I bit my lip as I didn't want to let that damn tear escape my eye.

I'm not some drama queen who wants attention, but it feels like I'm acting that way. Right now, I need some changes in my life. One of them is about Max. He's constantly playing with my head and he probably doesn't even know. I can't let that happen, not like it happened with Henry, my last boyfriend.