twenty-eight

Melody
- And then the responses instantly kicked in, making sure my phone kept buzzing and lightning up the whole time, it was quite an understatement that Max was slightly annoyed by it.

"Please turn off your notifications, jeez" Max groaned from the other side of the bed as we were just chilling a bit.

"No! I need to see it when I get an important message or anything" I stubbornly retorted, rolling my eyes as he didn't understand.

Max sighed in frustration and got out of bed. "I'm going to make some coffee, you want some too?" He then asked.

"No I'm fine, thanks" I declined, briefly looking up to give him a small grin.

When he walked out of the room, I couldn't resist the tempt of reading the messages of people who'd all something to comment on the news I'd revealed.

I had heard so many times that celebrities never read articles about themselves or checked the comments underneath their posts because they didn't 'care' about it.

Well then I was clearly an exception..

I scrolled to the picture and tapped on the comments to read them. I knew Max wouldn't be happy if he found out about what I was doing, but I didn't care as I had to know what everyone's opinion was.

- - -
Maxverstappen1: ❤️❤️
Victoriaverstappen: No way! I like this, but you should've told me 🤩
Lucyharridson: woahhh, so happy for you! Alright I didn't see THIS one coming!
RoseEmilyWatson: cuties xx
Danielricciardo: love you too 😛
User1: OMG OMG FINALLY!!
User2: @user1 amazing right!!
User3: nooooo, James out of the picture😭
User4: slut..
- - -

The comments actually kind of surprised me. I'd expected a lot more hate, but it was surprisingly positive.

"What are you doing?" Max suddenly asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He had firmly cupped his fingers around a cup filled with steamed coffee.

"Oh nothing" I mumbled, putting away my phone directly.

"Yeah you may be a good liar, but I can definitely see it when you're not telling me the truth.. were you accidentally checking the comments on our photo?" Max guessed, arching an eyebrow.

"No I wasn't, I-"

"Melody Peterson"

I burst out in laughter and pulled him next to me in bed, making him almost drop the mug, "Okay, I admit.. sorry" I chuckled and pecked a kiss on his lips.

Max bit his lip and smiled slightly at me, yet I could see the pain in his eyes which was probably still from the bruises.

"Max.."

"I know, I know.. just- stop focussing" Max said, forming a smile on his lips.

I grinned and pushed myself off the bed, briefly stretching myself and wiping my eyes.

"Okay, so I'm going to visit James to tell him to fuck off.. you stay here and relax, alright?" I suggested, pressing a kiss on his lip.

Max snickered and nodded.

"Just- don't bring yourself in too many problems with him, please" he asked.

"I never bring myself in problems" I answered, giving him a little smirk.

"You definitely do"

I slapped Max's arm playfully and walked away towards the bathroom, ready to take a shower and wash all the sweat of my body.