sixteen

Melody

- Daniel clapped his hands loudly. "Guys, let's drink something before leaving!" He grabbed two bottles of wine and some beer.

"I think if we drink all of that, we won't make it to the club!" I giggled softly, looking at all the alcohol on the table.

Me and Rose arrived at Daniel's some minutes ago and I luckily hadn't seen James yet.

"Oh, but the one who drinks most is also coming, I'm pretty sure we need al of this!" Daniel explained.

Great.

Just when he said it, the door swung open and James walked in. "Ah, so I'm the one who drinks most, huh?" He asked. "You absolutely are!" Daniel called out, opening the bottles.

Max sat next to me and I could almost feel his eyes burning on my skin. He was definitely looking at me and it made me feel uncomfortable. Besides, me and Max were both very quiet since James appeared, that wasn't really helping either.

"So, I've heard you're going home for two weeks?" Max curiously asked.

"Yeah I just- I've to do some things for work so I'll be gone for two weeks, you're gonna miss me?" I teasingly asked.

"Yes I would, if I would stay here. Problem is, I won't. I'm having a race next weekend" Max chuckled and I blushed slightly. "Oh I'm sorry, I totally forgot about that. But when do you have to leave then?" I questioned. "I've already had a few practices last week which means I'm leaving on Wednesday" Max exclaimed.

"Oh I'm leaving on Tuesday!"

"Tomorrow?! Great, then I'm able to take you to the airport?" Max suggested.

I widened my eyes. Max wanted to take me to the airport, didn't he know I had my own car?

"Oh you don't need to.."

"Melody, think about it. Rose will need the car sometimes as well, if you drive it to the airport it means she isn't able to use it for 2 weeks."

Oh... yeah...

"Of course, but I uh- I can take a cab?" I responded, pretending like I knew that already.

"No, that's not necessary! I can just take you, it's fine!" Max smirked softly and grabbed a beer.

"You sure you want to do that?"

"100%!"

"Great, can you pick me up around 14.00 p.m then?" I asked softly.

"Sure, now you want a drink as well?" Max gently asked. I quickly thought about it but nodded.

Just a few drinks won't hurt anyone Melody..

I decided to drink only a few tonight, I didn't need a hangover now. I was already leaving tomorrow and luckily I had already packed the most of all stuff I needed in London.

Max handed me a beer and I toasted my glass against his.

- - - - -

It was 2 a.m and I was still dancing with Max and Daniel. I finally kept my word as I was only a bit tipsy instead of completely drunk.