thirteen

Melody
- Two days had passed by and I hadn't heard from Daniel and Max, except for a small text they'd sent me.

"Rose I'm going for a walk, I'll be back in an hour!" I yelled towards my best friend who was still laying in bed. "Sure, have fun!" She replied.

I closed the door and made my way outside. My running shoes were already two years old, but I refused buying new ones as these became really special to me and I simply didn't want to replace them. My long brown hair was wrapped up in a ponytail and I wore a sport legging and a shirt. I wasn't wearing any makeup, I actually never did when I was sporting.

Before I started running, I grabbed my phone and took a picture of my legs that pointed out I was busy keeping my body in shape. I hadn't post a photo in a long time, so I thought it'd be a good idea to post one of the pictures I made a few seconds ago.

I put my phone away and put my earphones in. I listened to my favorite song and softly built up the pace. I started running faster and faster, however I still kept my breath under control, something I learned myself once I started running.

I ran through the park and saw many different people. That's what I like most, seeing so many cultures at one spot.

And then my phone rung. I refused to stop walking as I was on my highest level now. I kept running until my body was just broken and sat down on the ground, leaning against a tree. I actually never stopped running, I just lowered the pace when I knew I wouldn't be able to hold on.

But I was curious who'd called me, so I made an exception for once. I looked on my screen and immediately found out it was Max.

I decided to call him back, as I stopped now anyway. I swallowed deeply before pressing on the 'call' button.

- - -

"Hi, Melody?"

"Yes it's me." I briefly responded.

"Can we talk?" His voice sounded desperate and even though I promised myself to keep distance, I felt the guilt burning inside me.

"Depends, why should we talk?" I calmly answered, pretending like I had no idea where this was about.

"Come on, you know about what. You're constantly avoiding me and I'm sick off it. Besides, I want to ask you something."

"Al right, when do you want to talk.. I mean- you're kind of interrupting."

"Am I? Oh sorry I didn't know.. we can talk in half an hour?"

"Well I'm sporting at the moment, but I think I can make it in an hour.. I hope you don't mind if I'm showing up in sporting clothes.."

"No of course not! I'll pick you up in front of the beach, al right?"

"On the side where we were last time?"

"Indeed.."

"Okay, I'll see you."

"Goodbye"

- - -

I reached the place I would meet Max and stopped running. I stretched my legs a bit and waited until Max's car showed up.