eleven

Melody
Monday morning
- I smiled at Rose, wishing her lots of success. Rose had her first day at work today and told me she was pretty nervous about it.

"So what are you going to do today?" She asked me, watching the clock.

"Just meeting up with Daniel and Max, we're going to the beach and get some groceries." I exclaimed. "Al right, maybe I can join you three when I'm done?" She suggested, obviously wanting to meet up as well. "Yes, sure! Just see if you're still having enough strength to show up after work!" I sticked out my tongue and smirked. Rose slapped my arm and grabbed her bag. "Very funny, Melody! However, I have to go, see you!" She chirped, turning around and walking away.

As soon as she was out of sight, I walked inside the apartment again. I grabbed my phone and headed back to bed as it wasn't even 10 o'clock. I opened my messages and found out Max had sent me a text.

Max: I'm sorry but Daniel just told me there are some issues and he has to do the practicing thing now instead of tomorrow because of private circumstances his trainer has.. is it okay if we meet up together without Dan?

I sighed deeply, thinking back to the time I cried in my room because I didn't know what to do with the whole 'Max' situation.

Is it a good idea to meet up together?

Probably not. But I still have to do some groceries and otherwise I'll be bored the entire day, so I decided to just text him back that it's al right if we meet up with only the two of us.

I put away my phone and stretched my arms and legs in bed before getting out again. Max texted me he would pick me up in an hour and I still have to make myself ready.

I quickly grabbed a pink bikini out of the closet together with a pair of ripped jeans and a cropped shirt. Then I headed to the bathroom and took off my sleeping clothes. I stepped inside the douche cabin and let the warm water slide down my body.

5 minutes later I stepped out of the steamy douche cabin and dried my body with a towel. Then I pulled on the bikini and clothes and added a little lipgloss on my lips. I also used a little mascara and concealer to finish the look.

When I was about to make myself a sandwich, someone knocked on the door. I slightly panicked and my eyes landed on the clock. It was already 12.30 p.m.

Shit, that means no sandwich for Melody this time.

I swung the door open and faced Max. "Hey, Mel!" He greeted me happily. "Hi, I'm almost ready, just one more minute!" I promised and then quickly grabbed my wallet, phone and bag with the towel inside it as we were planning to visit the beach.

"Ready!"

Max chuckled and nodded. "Al right, guess we can go then?" I lifted my thumbs up and we started walking to Max's car.

We both got in the car and Max drove away towards the supermarket. He drove in silence and I just sat there next to him, watching the road in front of us.

I wouldn't call it very uncomfortable, but I still preferred some jokes or a conversation.

"So.." I trailed off, trying to break through the silence. "I think I should explain why I was crying in my room the last time we saw each other."

Max simply nodded, his eyes still focused on the road. "Listen, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to, though I'd like it when you do." He explained.