twenty-six

Melody
- Doctor Brown walked out of the room and I saw him nodding politely toward Daniel, before he started talking. I sighed in relief and dropped my head in one of the pillows on the bed.

I felt really confused and I couldn't place anything. Doctor Brown had done some short tests once I woke up from an uncomfortable sleep and he concluded that -even though I was confused as hell- my recovery was better and faster than expected.

But I had no time to feel relieved or happy, I just wanted to see Max, in my head I was already with him. It was obvious that was also one of the reasons I couldn't quite focus on the doctor.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax, when Daniel entered the room again.

"Hey," he mumbled quietly.

"Hey," I retorted.

This time he sat down on the edge of the white hospital bed and didn't say anything, which was quite special as he had almost always something to say.

"You're not going to talk to me?" I joked, trying to lighten the situation.

He looked up and I immediately noticed that he had been crying. My throat thickened and I opened my mouth to say something, but I wasn't able to speak, so I closed it again.

"Don't worry about it, you just scared me a bit.." Daniel made a dismissive gesture with his hand.

"I'm so sorry," I eventually stated.

"Don't be," he quickly wiped the tears out of his eyes, "how are you?"

I licked my lips and shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, I'm confused and I don't know what exactly happened.. when it happened.."

"But, you remember everything.. right?"

"I guess I do.. but I have still no idea how I got here." I exclaimed.

"What is the last thing you remember?" Daniel asked and he arched an eyebrow.

"That I- that I was about to have sex with Max but then Rose came in.. from then it's.. it's a blur," I explained and my eyes welled up instantly in confusion.

"Don't cry, I'm sure you'll be fine.. you've heard the doctor, right?" Daniel asked gently, entwining his fingers with mine.

"Yes, but-" I couldn't finish my sentence as someone walked into the room.

My heart started pounding on a high level once I noticed who stood in the entrance, looking questioned at me.

"Max!" I called out, completely ignoring Daniel's presence.

A bright smile crept up onto Max's lips as I had finally recognized him again.

Max made his way to me and I pulled him into a tight hug with one arm, the good one. Once I felt his warm body against mine, the butterflies inside my stomach started fluttering and I couldn't prevent myself from crying, so couldn't Max.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Max.." I muttered against his chest. Max didn't answer, he just kept holding me in his arms.

After a long hug I looked up, gazing into his blue eyes again and I slowly pulled back.

"I'm so fucking glad you're back" he retorted, entwining his fingers with mine, just like Daniel had done before, and that thought made my eyes drift over to Daniel, who had already pushed himself up from the bed.

"I feel like it's better if I go," he declared on a soft tone, grimacing slightly and sadness flashed through his eyes.

"I.."