twenty-seven

Melody
We stepped out of the restaurant and the warm air embraced us. It was already August, which made it obvious that it was still pretty warm.

We'd already had some champagne in the restaurant and I was feeling a little tipsy already.

"I feel like it's the perfect night to go out" Daniel stated with sparkles in his eyes.

Rose immediately nodded, looking up to Daniel. I curiously glanced over them and felt the intimacy between them growing. I thought Max had to notice it too.

"Alright, but you're sure you want to?" Max gently asked, placing his arm around my neck, "Because you don't have to, I understand if you're still a bit tired-"

"I'm more exited than ever!" I answered. And it was true, after spending a lot of days in the dull and empty hospital room while already feeling better, I wanted nothing more than getting drunk together with my best friends and boyfriend.

Max nodded and the five of us made our way to a club. My red heels clicked on the asphalt and I had wrapped my arm tightly around Max's waist.

On our way to the club, we'd noticed a Ben and Jerry ice cream shop, where we got an ice cream. I quickly made a picture of it, maybe to post in on Instagram tomorrow.

We walked into a club that looked pretty nice and ended up in a vip area, where everything was a bit more expensive and with black tables on both sides of the room.

It absolutely wasn't the plan to end up in an expensive and luxe club, but people had recognized us and told us about the party here. So, we decided to take a look there, and to our surprise it looked like the perfect place to celebrate.

Even though we were in public, I entwined my fingers with Max's as we were soon going to make it public anyway.

It was quite busy, so it took a little while to find an empty table, but James managed to find one eventually.

"Alright.. let me get the drinks!" Daniel called loudly, as we could barely hear each other because of the loud beat of the music.

"Yeah, please hurry!" I yelled back in enthusiasm, ready to get completely drunk.

-
James
I clenched my jaw once I saw that Max had laid his arm casually around Melody's shoulders.

I had already drunken many shots of vodka and several glasses of beer, making my mind not able to think clearly.

It was supposed to be me. I was supposed to be in a happy relationship with Melody, and absolutely not Max. But it had also been my fault in some way.

Melody had fallen for me once, I just knew it. When we did our kissing scenes, I had felt the intimacy growing between us. But I'd introduced her to the Formula One Racers, I'd pushed her right into Max's hands.

And yes, when Melody was mad at me, shouting that I was just jealous of her good relationship as friends with Max, she'd been more than right. I was jealous, and I still am.

But I couldn't think very clear anymore and I just wanted to hit Max in his face with my fist, letting all my anger out.

Then Max slowly pecked his lips on Melody her lips and I gritted my teeth in anger. I couldn't control my emotions anymore and I pushed myself off the chair, heading over to the other side where Max and Melody were drinking alcohol and chatting happily.

Of course I wasn't really fast and I'd bumped into a few others, before I finally reached them.

Unable to keep my emotions under control - which was obvious because of the alcohol in my blood- I pushed Max fiercely away from Melody.