fourteen

Melody
- It wasn't really late and I was sure almost everyone I knew was still in bed, but here I am, waiting for James to come out of the plane. 8 AM, the time he said he'd arrive and I'm still here, waiting.

I quickly looked around, seeing lots of people waiting, everyone with a different expression on their face. Some looked worried, others happy or nervous.

I wore a black cap and sunglasses to prevent myself from being recognized, which almost always worked. I licked my bottom lip whilst sighing. I was sick off the waiting and I just wanted to see James.

Or actually, I didn't want to see James now. I was afraid he'd notice me acting any different and then I had to explain everything and there would be another stupid conversation.

I decided to just check some reactions underneath my newest Instagram post.

MelodyPeterson: I enjoyed watching  @danielricciardo & @maxverstappen1 on the circuit of Monaco today

MelodyPeterson: I enjoyed watching @danielricciardo & @maxverstappen1 on the circuit of Monaco today. Thanks for the invite @maxverstappen1 !! #socool #friends #greatday

maxverstappen1: You're welcome 😊👍
victoriaverstappen: It was good to meet you, you should definitely come another time again!
user1: Omg! She was invited by Max! @user2
user2: that's GOALS @user1
user3: why the hell was she invited by Max? First she's with James and the next time with Max.. slut to me 😑
user4: I thought you were with James instead of #crashtappen
- -
I instantly put my phone away and rolled my eyes. I liked some of the comments, but most of them were just so rude..

I sighed deeply and swallowed.

Then I realized something. I wasn't just letting the haters make me feel sad, then they would have what they want. I'm strong, I can easily handle it. I know myself that I'm not a slut and I've never officially published that I was with James. So screw them, they don't get to decide what I should do and with whom.

"Mel!"

I turned around and faced James, who immediately pulled me into a tight hug. I broke my thoughts instantly. "Oh, it's so nice to see you again!" He exclaimed happily. I pulled my lips in a slightly smile and nodded. "Yeah, haven't seen you since the premiere!" I called out whilst thinking back to the conversation with Rose the morning after.

"Shall we go?" James asked a bit later. I nodded in agreement and started walking towards the car.

We jumped in the car and I started driving, but ended up in some traffic jam as it was busy on the roads and we could barely drive.

"So, you're having a great time here, I guess?" James smirked slightly. "Yes, I enjoy it a lot." I replied, thinking about all the parties we've already had. "With Daniel, Max and Rose, right?" He asked further. "Indeed, the next time you can join as well." I forced a small grin and ran my hand through my hair.