nineteen

Melody
- Rose backed off, inhaling sharply. "Fuck!" She yelled in confusion. I was lightly in shock for a couple of seconds, before feeling my intuition taking over.

"Surprise!" I called out, hugging her tightly. "It's so good to be back.. I wanted to surprise you, Max helped me with it!" I chirped, trying to hide the panic, which was clearly readable in my eyes.

"Wait.. you wanted to surprise me?" Rose scoffed, "I suppose you forgave me then?"

I swallowed deeply as I didn't forgive her at all, but it had to be full of enthusiasm, it had to look like it was the truth. I was still mad, but if she'd find out about me and Max.. a lot worse.

"Yes, of course! You're my best friend, I can't let you go like that!" I called out.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Max trying to hide his laugh. He coughed softly, biting his bottom lip to prevent himself from ruining everything. I would've killed him if he destroyed my acting skills now.

"Oh, thank you!" Rose hugged me and kissed my cheek. "You're the best!"

I smirked softly, trying to hide the guilt burning inside me.

"It's okay" I said airily, shrugging my shoulders. Maybe it was just for the better if we ended this drama, also with James.

"But.. how did you came in? When I arrived here I even looked inside this room." She retorted suspiciously.

"Erm.. yeah we hid ourselves, right Max?" My eyes wondered over to Max, catching his gaze.

"Yes, it's exactly like she says"

Rose nodded slowly. "Alright, it doesn't matter anyway! Really I'm so glad you forgave me! Oh and if I looked a bit weird the first moment I saw you, it was probably because it looked like you two were doing totally different things than surprising me!" She blurted out.

Oh god.

"Seriously?! Oh god, that's hilarious! I would never do anything in that way with him." I giggled teasingly, hoping she wouldn't notice the lying tone laced in my voice.

Max his eyes instantly flew over to mine. "Excuse you? This morning you said something totally different!"

"Max!" I called out, and then on a softer tone so that only Rose could here it, "Don't listen to him, he's lying!" I winked at her.

Rose chuckled quietly and grabbed my arm. "Lets watch a movie or anything, we haven't done that in so long!"

I mouthed a quick 'sorry' to Max, before being pulled away by my 'still' best friend.

"I understand you two want to catch up and stuff.. but I think it's better if I'm going then.." Max mumbled, showing up next to the couch where Rose seated me down.

"No, you should definitely stay! I can text Daniel, asking him if he wants to come over too?" She questioned, begging Max to stay.

I took a quick glance at Max, noticing him acting uncomfortable straight away. Was something going on with Daniel?

"Indeed, Rose is right! You should stay." I commented. If there was anything going on, I wanted to know.