E P I L O G U E

Melody
( 5 years later )

- I sighed deeply and put the last things on the table. Then I cleaned the kitchen and the mess in the living room.

The lights in the Christmas tree shone brightly and made the room look cosy. I smiled warmly at the sight and scratched my neck.

It was finally my favorite time of the year, Christmas, and tonight I'd have a dinner with my best friends. And I had to say, our group expanded a bit in comparison to five years ago.

Max was still the lovely, caring boy he'd been 5 years ago. He was fighting for his second championship in Formula One this year, and it had only made him hungrier. Two years ago, we'd bought a new house just outside of Monaco and even though we were both busy, we tried our best to be as much together as we could.

Max would come back in a few minutes from a busy week in London, where he'd done a lot of preparing stuff for next year.

I sighed nervously and hurried up to the bathroom to finish my look and makeup. Now I was ready for the Christmas dinner.

-

The sound of the doorbell made my heart fluster as I was so excited about having all my friends here together at once, celebrating Christmas.

I opened the door and in front of me stood Lucy. She'd been a colleague once and since 3 years, we've been seeing each other more often again. Let's say we grew quite close toward each other.

"Hi girl, come in!" I enthusiastically kissed Lucy's cheek and she walked into the house.

"Oh my god, it's so pretty Mel!" She squirmed as she saw the decorated room. Lucy has also never been in this house before, so that made her even more surprised.

I looked at her and smiled warmly, "I'm glad you like it! How was your flight?"

Lucy shrugged her shoulders and scoffed, "I actually never like airplanes and that kind of things.. it scares me. But to be here, I'm glad I did it anyway," she said.

My eyes wandered over to her belly, Lucy was looking so good, even though she was pregnant. "You're looking so good, Lucy" I pointed at her belly and she smiled brightly, "Thank you, it's just going so slow.. still some months until she'll be literally with us," she pouted.

I nodded and leaded her to the black sofa. Max and I were extremely excited when we were looking for furniture and this couch suddenly showed up.

"Sit down, the others will-" A knock on the door made me stop talking, "I was just going to say that the others would show up soon, but I guess there's someone already" I smirked and left the living room again, to open the door.

"Oh my god, hi guys!" After I'd opened the door I threw myself on my best friend first, who I hadn't seen in such a while. "It's been too long, honey!" I sighed when I let go of Rose.

"Exactly, but we're here for a full week now," Rose remarked, smiling brightly. I knew that Rose was married and already had a son, but the last time I saw them was 4 months ago.

"Oh hi Brent, it's so nice you could come as well!" I faked a smile and greeted him politely, by kissing his cheek. The faked smile was because I didn't like the man at all, he was always suited up and gazed down at everyone like he was much better than the rest.