The Royal Family (1)

The next few days after that are filled with the beginning of my studies of magic along with Mom. As she has stated before, she has never tried to force me or to strongly suggest me to learn [Dark] magic. Instead, she focuses on my other affinities, starting with [Ice].

I have a lot of new things to learn. Things that I didn't bother to learn at all back then. Theories on how magic works, how the whole mental imaging is important, and some basic magic chants. After all, we don't use the daily language to chant magics. After my magic is stronger, I may be able to learn the chantless magic!

All of them are new to me, so of course I'm excited to learn!

...wait a minute, Mom, I think I'll also learn the theories you taught me during school!! Though I can't protest from having an earlier start, it might even get me to special class right from the beginning.

Repeating practices won't be too bad, right? I can improve my magic further with repeated practices.

And a few days after my magic training (barely) begins...

"Lyra, are you okay with going to the castle tomorrow?" Dad dropped this bomb to me.

"Yes, huh?" I am clearly dumbfounded. I don't see any reason for me to go to the castle...?

"Well, I heard about Titus' chat with Cassie the other day but remained silent. However, Titus finally reached out to me and asked that you'd come and play with his son—since that child, he... seems to be dissatisfied with how his mother's been tending to his little sister more... and caused troubles... Yeah, that is the gist of it," Dad explained.

Oh...

Ohhhh!!

I totally forgot about that! Teehee~!

This is kind of bad, though.

I wonder if the king really wants me to befriend his son and help in ceasing the prince's tantrum?

To be honest, I can't help but think that this is an attempt to introduce me to him and then slowly talk about bethrothing us...?

"Uhh, Dad, is it okay for you to let me play with him?" I asked.

Dad seems to be burdened with the idea of handing me off to another guy... I wonder if that applies if the suitor is a prince?

"Well... while I do not want that prince to be infatuated to my cute Lyra, as it's so obvious that Lyra is adorable..."

On second thought, Dad, please, stop!! This flattery is too excessive!

[insert a short lecture on why Lyra is cute in Dad's eyes]

"...But still, I believe that Titus isn't the kind of person to just decide on an engagement without all sides' consent and even going as far as to force the engagement, so, I think it's okay."

Dad smiled. His trust towards his best friend is as clear as the sky.

...eh wait, it's raining right now, so the sky isn't clear!!

"Then, I'm okay with it!" I responded.

I actually am bothered by how I should act in front of him, but he's still a child, so...