Second Magic Test (1)

"Are you ready?"

Right now, I'm having yet another dejavu, but this time... the dejavu is from my current self's memory as Lyra.

Same setting, same people, same atmosphere.

But the magic tool used is different.

Yes, you may have guessed what usually comes after sixth birthday?

Today—just one day after my sixth birthday—Mom brought me over to her workplace so I could get my magic tested.

"Un," I nodded.

But before I can approach the testing machine, Mom stopped me.

"Ah, wait a minute, Lyra."

I reflexively turned over and faced her with a big question mark over my head.

Her hands went over my neck and removed my necklace.

"Congratulations on graduating from the 'training-safety' necklace, Lyra," She calmly took my necklace and placed it in her arms.

That's right, I'm 6 now. My magic's fully developed, so there is no need for me to wear the necklace!

Aah, what a pity, though. I liked the necklace, and it was from Mom, too...

But then I recalled Mom's words yesterday morning.

She postponed her birthday gift and promised to give me one after this final magic test. Could it be... magic tools? To aid my magic training? Another necklace?

In a split second, my dejection turned into anticipation.

"Alright, now put your hand on that machine over there. My Provice will show the result," Meredea turned over her chair and reached out her hand to pat my head.

"My, you're getting taller, Lyra!" She exclaimed.

Of course, Meredea! I'm in my growth period, after all! It would be scary if I don't get taller...

Back then, my height as Reinst was categorized as slightly above the average girl my age.

Right now, my height is similar to Luca's. Can I consider this as a good sign? That I will at least be considered tall?

"Lyra, is something the matter?"

Mom's voice pulled me back to reality.

"Nothing, I was just dozing off... I'm ready!"

Yup, there is no need for me to be so anxious.

I mean, I've done the first test before... it's not like the result will change, right?

Eeh but if it can change... I hope that my strongest magic will be Ice~

The moment I put my hand on top of the machine, it made a weird noise and the lights blinked.

Uhm, is this alright?