Extra 1 - Reinst's Coming-of-Age Ceremony (1)

Pre-chapter Note:

This is actually an extra chapter released to celebrate a goal that's been reached in Patreon. Since this story was once published in Wattpad by another user following the order from a different platform, I will also insert this extra chapter midway, to make sure the format/order remains the same~! Enjoy! ^^

-----

Year 963, Month 4, Day 13.

Although there are three elements of unluckiness today, which is 6 from Year 963, then 4 from the month, and 13 as the date...

This is still my birthday.

A special one, on top of it.

My name is Reinst Carnatia Grabberton, the only daughter of the Grabberton family, and the one who is glorified to be the perfect queen candidate.

...

HOLD IT!!

I am not bragging, by any means. I am just stating the facts.

The nobles always flatter me, but never try to really know me.

When I told them that I didn't think of myself like the perfect candidate whatsoever, they dismissed me and said that I was being too humble.

The noble girls showered me with praises and compliments, yet they talked behind my back. About my pretense and that I was actually a wicked person.

Before I know it, I have gotten used to all that, and nowadays, I don't really care about them anymore. To the extent that I can't really remember who is who among them.

Although it is true that...

I often question this world, why isn't there a single person who would truly want to be by my side just for who I am?

I long for a companion. A true friend. Or a true love, just like the ones they portrayed in the stories I read.

I have given up on the idea of a loving family from my own family members. All they care about is the family's honor.

In the first place, the idea of a loving and warm family just like what they portrayed in the storybooks and films will always remain a fantasy, especially among nobles whose marriages are not based on love.

Oh well...

I was reminiscing the past as today, I will once more stand in front of the nobles and must prepare myself to be showered by their stares, praises, and ill-talks.

As it is my coming of age ceremony.

Which means, more nobles will attend this year's birthday compared to the previous ones.

A knock to the door can be heard when I already finished wearing my silver grey dress and emblem, and was just about to wear a hair pin decorated with the imitation of a small red carnation.

"Yes?"

The one who opened the door was my mother.

"Oh, your preparation is done already? Good, as expected of my daughter," she praised me as soon as she saw my appearance.

"You look beautiful. The crown prince should be attending your party. I wonder if he will propose to you right away?"

Oh, it would be nice if that happens, right?

She then approached me.

Just right when she walks...

I noticed tiny hands holding tightly to her dress from behind.