What Should I Do?

Alt-nii is in danger!

There is no more leeway to think about a strategy. There is no more time to think about consequences of my next actions. After all, my big brother's future is at the stake here.

If I haven't yet mastered powerful combat magic spells, if my magic attacks' power output is not yet at a strong level... then there's only one answer.

The one thing that I'm good at.

Or the one thing that I was good at.

Though it has been years since I last practiced it... at least I know that I'm more confident with my combat skills in terms of that.

"Ice sword," I muttered, as cold breeze started to flow from my right hand. I formed a firm grasp on my right hand—grabbing the forming ice sword.

Of course, I've adjusted the size so that it would be good for my current body to use.

As soon as the ice sword was fully formed, I dashed forward and quickly closed my gap from that crazy lady and—

With all the power I have, I jumped up. With my current power and height, I only managed to jump as high as her lower back, but it should be good enough.

Using all the power that my arms have, I grasped the handle of the ice sword with both of my hands, and swung it forward.

"Aaaaaah!!"

The crazy woman seemed to be very surprised by my ambush, as the ice sword successfully sliced through her clothes and slightly injured her back. More than anything, I'm sure she's surprised by the cold sensation that she suddenly felt at the same time as the sensation of pain. After all, there wasn't only laceration on her back, but a small portion of her back was covered by the ice!

It's as if I was using a sword imbued with ice attribute, and the effect of freezing the enemy. In other words, a magic sword that's quite pricey and hard to get.

Magic is convenient. I wonder if there are people who specialized in using magic to form some weapons and then used the weapons in a close-ranged combat?

Simultaneously as she screamed, she also dropped Alt-nii.

With a thud, Alt-nii landed safely on the floor—the impact must be quite painful, but Alt-nii seemed not to mind it and opened his eyes in surprise.

"Lyra, why are you here? Didn't I tell you to run?!" Alt-nii asked in disbelief.

"I couldn't run while leaving you in the hands of the enemies, Alt-nii!" I quickly grabbed Alt-nii by hand and was about to run outside with him when—

"What the hell are you useless men doing?! CAPTURE THEM!" The woman who's knelt down and is grabbing her injured back shouted. Her voice clearly indicated her anger. She... seems to be using some kind of ointment to heal her wounds...

At her commands, the two men who were crouching down are forcing themselves to stand up. They seem to get used to the sensation of pain they felt—or that they have gotten over it by now.