Yet Another Surprise

After a moment of silence, Mom suddenly clapped once.

"Okay, now that it's clear, I have something I need to talk about, especially with Altaire!"

Alt-nii snapped out of his daze after processing the information regarding the Loera clan.

"What is it, Mom?"

"Hmm... okay, Lyra, Altaire, and... Rurune. All of you follow me," Mom said as she led us away from the rest of people who were still talking about what just happened, and the revelation before. Dad wanted to follow us as well, but Mom signaled that he should stay there with the guests.

"Altaire, what happened back then? You seemed to be surprised as you emitted [Void] magic power to Rurune?"

"That... right! Mom, something weird happened! My body just moved by itself at that time! Even though I was about to put my power to something else...!" Alt-nii described the whole confusing event.

"And... and! I was worried that the [Void] magic might do Rurune harm, but she was surprisingly fine after that!" Alt-nii continued his report.

"...We can conclude that Rurune is a magical beast that is capable of [Void] magic, then. Remember when she dispelled Lyra's freezing magic from Harvey?"

"Ah... yes, I remember!" I chimed in as well.

"Okay, now that it's solved... Let's focus on the matter of Altaire's body moving on its own," Mom said as she shifted her serious gaze at Rurune, who was floating leisurely beside Alt-nii.

"Yes, Mom! Do you have an idea what's going on?" Alt-nii asked.

Mom nodded. Her expression was so serious that I was taken aback for a while...

Then, her next words surprised me.

"It seems that the Familiar contract you made with Rurune... is a [Master-Servant Contract]. I think Rurune was the one who commanded Altaire to do so, to free her from the situation that irritated her... In other words," Mom sighed.

"Congratulations, son, Rurune is your Familiar-Master, and you're her underling...," Mom put her hand on her forehead, as if she was feeling dizzy. Nah, I'm sure she is feeling dizzy!!

"....WHAT?!" Alt-nii exclaimed in surprise.

"Eeeeh? No way!!" I quickly shifted my gaze towards Rurune.

In response to all of us looking at her with dreadful expressions and disbelief, Rurune stared back at us with her ever-innocent face, before she finally growled cheerfully, "Ruru~!♫"

Thus, my thought of Rurune as the "cute little beast" collapsed. With this very unexpected revelation, I began to question my whole view of the world.

***

After that, we leisurely spent our time by chatting and enjoying the tea (plus cakes!). Everyone then began to pack up to go back before the sun set, before it got too dark...

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night?" I asked Iris and Carbuncle.

"Well, we're having school again tomorrow, so why bother? Our permissions were only to go outside today," Carbuncle clarified.

"T-thanks for the offer, Lyra!" Iris blushed a little.

"...Sigh... I was the first one to get ousted...," Harvey was still a bit dejected... Reality began to hit him after the whole shocking revelation happened.

"Don't mind it, Harvey! We've still got a long way to go!" Alt-nii slapped Harvey's back as if to give him his optimism.

"I must be very uncool... And the opponents were younger than me... Haaah...," Harvey sighed.