[Nephew]'s Name

Author's Note:

Sorry for not giving you guys a Christmas present, but here's a holiday update to celebrate both Christmas and New Year ^^ Hope you're all enjoying your holidays!

-------------------------

I know that some people would name their children using their ancestors, relatives, closest people's names... but...

I TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECT THAT MY (PREVIOUS) NAME WOULD BE USED LIKE THIS, ALRIGHT?!

From how Clyde and Nicole talked about me (Reinst), I know that they were still thinking about me, and I was happy to know that... that they still remember me, that I actually mean something to them, but...

Not to the extent of naming their son after me!!

Yes, that's taking it to another different level!

This is totally outrageous, okay?

Now, how should I face this nephew of mine?

I'm lucky that they didn't decide his nickname with "Rein" or something like that, or I won't be able to face this little kid with a straight face!!

I still hadn't recovered from my shock when I noticed everyone was staring at me in silence...

Eh, w-what is it?

"Hey, Lyra, it's your turn to introduce yourself!" Alt-nii nudged my hand.

"Eh? Ah, y-yes! It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Alrescha Lyra Hartmann, you can just call me Lyra. Congratulations on turning six!" I curtseyed.

When I raised my head after I introduced myself, what I saw right away was... this cheeky brat's ridiculing smile!!

...At least, that was how his smile looked like in my head.

......Let me take back my words on how I said this child was angelic. Though it was only my hunch, but I still felt like being ridiculed! He must be laughing at me as I stuttered and forgot to introduce myself!

Excuse me, but that wasn't necessarily my fault! It was all thanks to your name, it totally gave me quite a blow!

...I should have asked to read the invitation that my parents received. I should have at least asked about his full name. That way, I'd have come prepared!!!

"It's about time for the party to start, right? We'd better return to the main hall," Mom calmly said, breaking this awkward silence.

"Thank you for taking us around, Clyde-san. Then, Nicole-san, Ein, we will see you there," Dad thankfully didn't turn into his doting parent mode—he was all duke mode now.

***

The only thing that managed to catch my attention in this party even while I was drowning in my thought about Ein's name was the appearance of the Grabberton family.

Let's not mention Kania-san (Clyde's mother) as she really doted on her grandson, naturally. Clyde's expression turned so gentle when he looked at his mother and son smiling happily.

That smile diminished and changed into a more insincere smile when Father came up and spoke a few words. ...I wonder what might it be?

Knowing Father, perhaps he tried to advise Clyde and Nicole with his ways—and focused on telling Ein to hold up the pride of the family. Perhaps... Clyde didn't want his son to be taught that way. Nicole definitely didn't want that, I knew her and her family after all. They were really a loving and harmonious family.

Then—Mother... Eh?

The Mother that I knew would definitely try to keep up her graceful and virtuous bearing, even when she felt otherwise deep down. I knew how she despised Clyde, she never liked him. ...That was why Mother told me to stay away from him.