Day 5 Month 5: Their 5th Birthday Party

That night, Mom and Dad told me that the twins' fifth birthday was coming soon, and they were planning on celebrating it—consider that it was also a welcome party for them, as we were too busy when we first welcomed them.

And they told me that after their fifth birthday, we should start introducing the twins to the others, to help them learn how to socialize.

I was very excited to hear about the surprise birthday party plan!

...It was quite hard trying to brush off the twins, but... there was no way I could bring the twins along when I was preparing for their surprise birthday party right? Or it won't be called as surprise birthday party again...

It was worth it, though! Their expression upon seeing the surprise birthday party was so priceless!

"Happy fifth birthday, Freyr and Freyja!"

After we said that, the twins had this stunned look we never saw on their faces before.

They were looking around for a while before they tilted their heads and asked.

"Our..."

"Birthday...?"

I nodded as I smiled at them, "That's right! Now come here and let's celebrate your birthday!"

Then, I took their hands and led them to where everyone was waiting.

All of us were surrounding the twins as we gave them our birthday greetings. Their expressions gradually turned warmer, their cheeks turned redder.

After that, we really had fun. I put the party hats to the twins and hey, everyone was wearing the party hat! Not only the children, but the adults, too!

While waiting for lunch time, we did lots of fun things such as watching Dad's water show (in collaboration with Mom's magic show), making the twins play the pinata, and so on.

The usually not-too-reactive twins began to react in a positive way. Smiles naturally formed on their faces—and their smiles today seemed to shine so brightly. It was also our first time seeing the twins laugh so freely—with the exception of when we tickled them, of course.

It might be too presumptuous of me to think like this, but I guess this might be the twins' happiest day after they lost their father.

Time seemed to pass by so quickly when we had fun!

Just right when our stomachs were about to growl, time for lunch finally arrived~!

We indulged ourselves in Chloe and the house keepers' delicious food. The food was still warm thanks to the technology and magic we had~ This way, Chloe and the other house keepers could participate in the surprise party earlier instead of preparing the food during when we surprised the twins and played with them.

As for the dessert... Needless to say, it was the birthday cake!

"Ah, don't eat it now!" I quickly stopped Freyja who was reaching out her hand towards the cake. Freyr who was watching her intently also turned to me with a questioning look.

It felt as if they were asking, "Why stop us when the cake's already put in front of us to eat?"

"You need to blow the candles and make some wishes first!" I gave them my reason.

"Wish...?" They tilted their heads at the same time.

"Yep, you should close your eyes while saying your wishes inside your heart—then open your eyes and blow the candle~!" I instructed them as the candle was being prepared.