It's Sword Time!

Time flew so fast and it's time for me, Luca, and Carbuncle to move to the physical combat lesson. Carbuncle only followed us, actually, saying that she wanted to observe the physical combat lesson, though she won't be participating at all, unlike before with the magic class. She said that she'd welcome it if anyone would like to go against her, but she'd just rely on her bare hands!

Dragons, they are really something else!

As expected, Keith-sensei's eyes brightened the moment he saw us.

"How is it, Little 21? Ah, I mean Little Lyra? Magic bores you, right? You've been waiting for my class, right?"

"Eh... uhm... Well, I like both equally..."

I can only timidly answer it when he suddenly asked me that. It seems like he was a child who was asking me if I liked what he liked! Our position as adult and child has been reversed...?

Kiri's eyes also brightened the moment he saw us. He quickly approached us and joined the group again—before the lesson started. As he had taken the same lesson, he retreated to the side and continued with his individual practice.

Again, just like the magic class, Keith-sensei gave a brief explanation that has more or less the same content as Miss Norma's briefing. Then, he asked us to display our skills first. Be it those who use swords, rapiers, bows, axes, daggers, anything!

When I displayed my swordsmanship skills...

"Hmm, as I expected! There's still some hints of Grabberton's swordsmanship in your style, Lyra! Say, do you have some kind of connection to them, or do you just admire them... or do you have someone from the Grabberton house that you're close with?"

"...N-no, it might be just a coincidence... Well, I like their style..."

As I shook my head quickly and answered with a small voice, Keith-sensei scratched his head in confusion.

"Well, the Grabberton and the Fumitsuna displayed their swordsmanship skills during her sixth birthday. It seems that she likes the Grabberton style and simply adopts it?"

Luca was the one who took over the explanation. Keith-sensei clapped his fists together and nodded in an understanding.

"I see, so that's why!"

"Yes, he's right, Sensei! I only take their style as a reference!"

I took a look at Luca and felt that he actually could save me?! Wow, my impression of Luca is becoming better now!

"...But eh, your swordsmanship skills have always been like this, right? Have you ever seen their styles before? Eh? But that didn't add up... Something is off...," Luca then put his hand on his chin and think.

...Right, my style has always been like this—it's only slightly modified as I try to improvise and erase the Grabberton style!

But Luca, can you please not point it out right now?!

That totally breaks the purpose of you saying your earlier words...

"Don't sweat out the details, let's train now, Sensei!" I quickly tried to shift the topic over before it's too late.

"Hmm? Ah, you're right! Time is running out!"

Luckily enough, Keith-sensei followed my lead without any suspicion!