Gathering in My House

"Pardon our intrusion~!"

A voice I was used to hearing—however, it was a more mature version of that familiar voice.

Yup, once again, it was Nicole.

By this time, I've gotten used to meeting her. I am not feeling nervous anymore—perhaps it's because I have already resolved myself, thinking, 'Oh well, let's just brush it off as coincidence—anyway, I'm just a kid. What do they have to be that suspicious about me and my connection to my past self? Yep, similar people do exist.'

Little Ein was accompanied by Nicole, his mother. They were accompanied by several escorts—the workers at their house, I think.

After I peeked here and there and didn't see another familiar figure...

"Clyde-san isn't coming with you?" I asked.

"Ahaha, nope, he has some matters to attend to—with the other members of the Loera clan~!" Nicole happily answered.

Eeeeh, the Loera clan belongs to Nicole, right? Nicole, aren't you pushing too much on Clyde?

...Or is this one of your consideration, trying to make sure Clyde blends into the Loera clan more?

I can't seem to figure out which her motive is...

"Big Sis Lyra wants to see my dad?" Ein asked.

"What for—"

Before I could finish my sentence...

"I'm sure Lyra is just curious," Dad answered on my behalf, still with his usual aura of protectiveness...

But whatever, his answer was right!

"A-anyway, why don't we come in? Everyone is already waiting inside!" I said before Dad's oyabaka (doting parent) switch flipped.

Since there were lots of guests coming over at the same time, the guest room that I used to see as spatious—now seemed so small...

Am I ashamed of it? Well... since I was a prideful noble girl in my past life, I couldn't say that I wasn't ashamed the slightest bit. However, being ashamed of this meant I was ashamed of my family, so I won't be ashamed by this.

I was thankful that "birds of the same feather flock together"—because none of the people here ridiculed me nor my family.

"Ophelia-san, there you are," Nicole greeted Mom first.

"Nicole-san, hello," Mom, still with her social awkwardness. It was clear enough that she didn't know how she should react in this situation—Mom, if you don't have your prestigious track and talent, plus how you can turn a blind eye on the other nobles—I don't think you can last well in the noble society...

Even I found myself almost cracking under the pressure—at that time, as Reinst.

"I have something to discuss with you about—while the children are playing together!" Nicole opened the conversation without minding Mom's short answers.

Ah well, that's Nicole for you. Even when I was still Reinst, she was always the initiator.

"Oh? What might it be?"

"I think it's related to some ruins you discovered years ago, I'm not sure of the significance for you, though."

"...You still remember," Mom didn't even hide her surprise. But that surprise didn't even last for a second before she nodded as if it was natural, saying, "Well, as expected of you. So...?"

"Information exchange~ Tell me any interesting matter you discovered," Nicole smiled—this time, her smile wasn't a familiar one. This smile seemed to carry her curiosity, her business sense, and her maturity.