The Plan (3): What's Your Disguise?

"Whoa, Mom, aren't you jealous that Dad is working with a woman like Rupert?" Alt-nii tried to tease Mom.

"...hmmm, so you're suggesting that Cyan has something with Rupert?"

Mom's answer was totally unexpected. Her voice is very, very calm.

I thought that at some point, Mom would hold some kind of jealousy against Rupert.

"Well, the three of them seemed close and all... Ah, maybe Rupert is with Gale, instead?" Alt-nii asked.

"Eh, no, I'm not into something like—," Gale quickly retorted.

"Uh, Rupert, I mean...," Dad was stuttering.

"No problem. I'm used to it already. Instead, I am happy that I can captivate the others without using any trick," Rupert's wry smile remained.

"...Huh?"

Alt-nii and I are looking at each other with confusion.

"Fufu, it would be funny if your dad is indeed smitten with Rupert. Okay, I shall encourage him to that path instead~," Mom chuckled.

...wait...

This reaction...

...now that I can take a closer look at Rupert... could it be that Rupert... is a man?!

A beautifully handsome man?

...Her body built is slender and slim so I can't really tell—her skin is beautiful, too—no way...

"Could it be that Rupert...," I started to speak.

"...Eh?!" Alt-nii seemed to notice it, as well, as he kept observing Rupert.

"Yes. Rupert here, is a man," Dad clarified for us.

"S-sorry, Rupert!" Alt-nii and I both bowed our heads to apologize.

"No problem."

"But, but, you look so alluring and beautiful that I—uhh, I mean, as a man, you're also good-looking! But your aura..."

Alt-nii is babbling. He's trying to hide his embarrassment.

"No worries there," Rupert gently smiled.

***

"Then, let's proceed to discuss our plan!" Dad clapped his hands together.

"I will be going with Meredea on a separate carriage," Mom's voice slightly hinted her sadness, looking at both me and Altaire bitterly.

"Meredea will arrive using a carriage from Capicastle. So, we'll be going ahead of you."

"We have devised a disguise plan, so listen carefully," Dad said.

"We will be going under the disguise of traveling merchants. I will be taking the role of the father—let's say, I will name my disguise Marvel Rashad," Dad then proceeded to use his illusion skills.

Dad then turned into a shorter and fatter man with a beard. His black hair is really in contrast with his real appearance. His eyes are now brown.