Their First Day in the Family

"Thanks for the food!"

Dinner time.

After Mom bathed the twins, the twins started to grow attached to Mom as well. Perhaps they finally felt Mom's sincere affection as well. I mean, look at how Mom tried so hard just to pick clothes for the twins!

"...Since you two came here so suddenly, we didn't get to prepare clothes and the likes for you... Sorry, but can you two bear with wearing Lyra and Alt's old clothes?"

The twins nodded.

"Would you like to wear this one or this one?" Mom gave them choices.

The twins nodded. Mom was confused.

"...This one?" Mom pointed to a set of clothes. One for boy, one for girl. The twins nodded.

"...Or that one?" Mom pointed to another set of clothes. The twins nodded again.

".........This, then?" Mom became even more unsure. The twins nodded anyway.

"...Let's go with this then," Mom eventually settled for a set of similar clothes.

"Yep, the clothes suit you two," Mom said after putting the clothes on them as she patted their heads at the same time.

The twins narrowed their eyes as if they enjoyed Mom's gentle pat.

"Suit...," Freyr started.

"Us?" Freyja ended.

"Yes, that's right. We'll have to buy new clothes soon. Make sure to choose the ones you like, don't nod at just anything, okay?" Mom asked with a serious tone. She was seriously concerned.

"...Okay."

"Okay..."

The twins nodded but I wasn't sure if they really meant it or if they understood it...

Back to dinner time and dinner table.

I saw the twins stared at the food Chloe prepared wholeheartedly for them.

They timidly picked up the spoon and spooned a mouthful food into their mouths... Before their eyes literally sparked, and then they ate like they hadn't been fed for days...

"Oh my, I'm glad they liked it!" Chloe sighed in relief. She looked pretty tense when she observed the twins' movements back then.

"Chloe's food is the best!" I added.

"Lyra-sama, you're exaggerating!"

"No, it's true!" Alt-nii added.

"Haha, thanks for the delicious food as always, Chloe," Dad thanked Chloe.

"That's right. We don't say this all the time, but thanks for the food," Mom also added.

The twins stopped eating for a while, perhaps they were almost full by this time.

And then...

"Thanks for...," Freyr started.

"...food, Chloe," Freyja ended.

"Oh my, dear!" Chloe covered her mouth as happiness radiated from her face.

Currently, Niina was in her holidays—back at her home with her husband and Clavis. Well, the snow storm was coming, so all the more she had to be there at her home. But if she were here, I could imagine her squealing like crazy upon seeing the twins!

That night, after dinner ended, it was decided that we would be sleeping together. For bonding's sake!

We were lying together on the bed with the twins in the middle of us. I was right next to Freyja, with Mom next to me. Alt-nii was next to Freyr—excited that he finally had a little brother—with Dad next to him. To make sure Alt-nii didn't tease Freyr right away... Although Alt-nii was already 11 years old, he was still as mischievous as always. For Alt-nii's good name, I assure you he's gotten better!