The Twins' Insecurity

In their hearts, there was a tacit understanding.

If there is Onii-chan, Onee-chan, Mom, or Dad here, then we should go be with any of them!

If not, they will play with Rurune if she's there... Or Vince, Chloe, or Niina when they're not busy with work. Or other house helpers after they finished their work and decided to stay longer to play with them.

Time to go to Onee-chan.

She should be in her room.

"Onee-cha..."

"Ah, Freyr! Freyja! And Rurune, too! Can you play with yourselves for a while? Sorry, I have something to do!"

Onee-chan looked so surprised when they opened the door to her room. She then escorted the twins back to their own room.

"..."

The twins looked at each other in silent.

"Ru... ru?" Rurune floated in the middle of the twins, breaking their staring game.

"Let's just go down and play?" Freyja asked.

"Go down and play," Freyr nodded.

Freyja reached out her right hand to grasp Freyr's left hand. They kept holding hands while walking out of their room, towards the stairs. Just when they were about to step their feet at the first floor...

"Aaah! Freyr-sama, Freyja-sama, don't!" Niina came rushing at them, blocking their way.

They were just two steps away from coming down to the first floor.

The twins tilted their heads, unsure what was going on.

"You see, it's veryyyyy disastrous downstairs! I have to clean up real hard along with the other attendants!! It will be very bad if you step on the first floor now! The dust is piling up like crazy, you might fall down due to the mess it's in now... So...," Niina said all that with just one breath, so she was gasping for air by now.

"Can you go back to the second floor first? I'll let you know when we're done!" Niina smiled, but she was actually not leaving any room for arguments. She was a mother of one hardy son, so she was experienced in this kind of thing.

From the beginning, the twins were way too obedient. Although they were frowning hard, they only nodded, turned around, and climbed the stairs with gloomy atmosphere.

"Uu...," Niina bit her lips, looking at the twins' limp figures. Her heart tightened a bit, but she quickly moved to do the important task at hand.

The twins returned to the second floor. They looked at their older sister's room for a while before it was suddenly opened in a hurry.

"...huh?" A trace of surprise was detected in Lyra's face before it was quickly gone.

"Done?" Freyja asked as she tilted her head at Lyra.

"N-not yet! I have some errands to do, sorry!" Lyra said as she quickly moved towards the stairs.

"Onee-chan, Niina said first floor is in a mess," Freyr warned her.

"Yes, I'm going to help them!" Lyra quickly answered back.

"We will help, too!" Freyja pleaded.

Lyra paused as she turned around to look at Freyja's determined expression.

"Uhm... You can't. You two are too small, it will be difficult. Just wait here until I come back, okay?" Lyra asked patiently.

Freyja paused for a bit before casting her eyes downward and nodded. But a second later, she shook her head.