Fenix and My Magic Training (2)

"Fenix, Fenix! Do all phoenixes have the same size as you?" I asked another question that I just came up with.

To be honest, I thought phoenixes are huger than this.

"Did you just think that phoenixes should be bigger than my size is, right now?"

"Oof! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to mock you or what... I'm only curious!!"

I don't want her to get offended, if she is indeed categorized as small among phoenixes—at least from the phoenixes in the stories. Forgive me, Fenix, please understand my curiosity!

"Oh... about that, Lyra...," Mom wanted to answer my question, but Fenix cut her off.

"Nah, little girl, my original size is much bigger than this. Big enough that your mom can ride on me."

"HUH? What?!"

"Right now, I might be as big as an Eagle to fit in the room, but yes, my original form is around twice your mom's height."

"Awesome... Can I ride on you, some day?"

"Hmm, be careful not to fall, I won't hold back, okay? And be sure not to wet your pants because you're afraid of the height, haha! So, maybe, when you're older."

"Promiseee?" I reflexively reached out my pinky.

...wait a second, since when have I developed this habit?

Perhaps it's the influence of both my parents, Alt-nii, Vince, Chloe, Niina, and even Clavis... they are all doing this childish pinky promise thing. Oh, even the other children that I played with, as they made me promise to play again with them someday. Something that I never really did as Reinst.

"...Do I have to do this?"

Fenix seemed to be looking at my mom, so I turned around to look at her, nodding.

Fenix sighed. She reached out one of her talons and touched my pinky with it.

"Alright."

"Yayyy!!"

I can't wait to know how it feels like, riding a phoenix!

I can transform to be a bird and fly with the help of my magic (but I need to train it before I can do it). Even so, the feeling would be different than this!

Ah, I can't wait for when I can get my own familiar!

But before I can get one, I need to train my magic.

After all, familiars are kinda like the symbols for powerful magicians.

Here is another motivation to train my magic!

I can't wait to discover what I can do with my new magical power~

***

"Lyra, try forming this," Mom said, while putting a feather in front of me.

Today, Mom is teaching me magic in the middle of her work~ By now, I am getting familiar with the Royal Magic Court.

[Hîwung w¯ælrâp]—I chanted the basic chant for [Ice] magic—'Ice forming', used to form something I can see.