Lost

Once i had packed my camera into its bag, I tied my hair into a messy bun and headed downstairs. On my way down I knocked on Zoe's door who said she would be ready in 5 minutes. After 10 minutes of waiting by the door I went and sat at the table.

ME: when are you back?xx

i quickly typed as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs I stood up hoping it would be Zoë, but was wrong. " I am ready" Joe smiled putting his shoes on. I didn't know Zoë told him.

"No more pranks" I said seriously he looked up from his feet and smilied cheekily. "I mean it"

After what seamed like forever Zoë finally appeared, Joe lead us down to a woods he used to play in. It was perfect.

I managed to get some photos I thought would be ok and  followed the autumnal theme. I had to take a few photos for Joes Instagram. *( Picture above)* I took lots of photos where they posed but also some action ones where they didn't even realise and some of Joe goofing around. I quickly reached into my coat pocket trying to find my ringing phone. I smiled when I saw the caller ID.

"Hey gorgeous"

"Hi" I said smiling, waking away for privacy.

"How are you?" Archie asked,

"Good, I missed you" I said whilst stepping over a little stream.

"Ah, I missed you so much"

"when are you back" I asked sitting on a rock.

"arrrr, I don't know, my dads really sick. I should be back for Uni though"

"Oh" I said the smile instantly escaping my face.

"I should be back for your birthday though" he said, I started to smile again, "or Christmas"

"Oh" I said fiddling with my fingers.

"hey don't be sad, we can text and call each other all the time" Archie said.

"Yeah"

"I have to go, but I will speak soon" he suddenly said quickly.

"Ok, speak soon"

" I love you"

"I love you too"

"bye" he said before ending the call. I sighed and put my phone down on the rock next to me. I miss him so much.

After a few minutes of thinking I grabbed my phone and camera and stood up. I was about to start walking, I looked around. Which way did I come. I decided to walk the opposite way of which I was facing, mainly because whilst sitting on the rock I didn't see Joe or Zoë infront of me. After a few minutes of walking I relished this was definitely not the right way. Moss grows on the shade side of trees. The sun rises south to west? East to North? North to west? Shit who actually remembers this stuff of by heart?! I looked down at my phone and started to call Zoë, this is when I realised I had lost service. Screw the countryside, I definitely do not miss this in London. I started to hold my phone up and try to get signal. Should i climb a tree? I looked back down at my phone, i had one bar. I kid you not I did my move a single muscle, I found her number as still as possible but my body was paralysed still.

"hello?" I asked when the ringing stopped,

" Edie where are you, we are back at the car waiting" Zoë said mid laugh.

"I don't know, I am kinda lost" I said embarrassed, I heard to mumble something in the background followed by Zoë then an outburst of laugher from Joe.

"Try and find a path" Zoë said sounding kind of concerned.

"I can't see any, I don't have much signal"

"oh" Zoë said, I could still hear Joe laughing, "joe shut up" she said and then what sounded like she punched him.

"What should i do?" I asked nervously bitting my thumb. I hadn't had many situations to face where I decided what to do, I had parents and teachers and lectures and sibling telling me what I had to do all my life so when it came to me being independent as an individual I struggled. Yes I could kind of feed myself and do my washing while at Uni but that's where my independence lies.

"Don't get lost" I heard joe say smugly,

"Get lost Joe" Zoë said

"speaking of getting lost" he said laughing uncontrollably.

"I don't want to walk any further cos I don't know which ways which."

"Good idea, ummmm". Zoë started before being interrupted by Joe.

"ok stay where you are, make yourself visible, maybe um can you see the river? Walk to it, oh high ground or maybe climb a tree?"

"Don't be ridiculous Joe what if she falls"  Zoë interrupted.

"ok we'll go..." joe started

" hello" I said suspiciously, I removed the phone from my ear, the call had lost connection.