After 'party'

The Uber was silent and the awkwardness was clear. Joe sat in the back with Byron and Josh, me and Caspar day in the boot with the small cramped pull up chairs.
Caspar: are you ok?
I looked down at my phone, a text from Caspar, I put my phone on silent then turned to him a smiled lightly.
Caspar: I am sure everything will be alright, he is just over protective
Me: too over protective.
Caspar: just tell him your point of view.
Caspar: if you don't want to or aren't ready or have second thoughts about Archie, then don't it's your choice, he doesn't control you
Me: it wasn't like that.
Caspar: I am just saying what I saw
Me: well you are wrong
I replied before putting my phone down and just looking to the side out the window. Slowly I felt Caspar's hand slide on to mine his fingers interlocked with mine and his thumb rotating in the bag of my hand soothingly. I turned and look at him, he was smiling reassuringly.

Joe ignored me as we walked into the apartment, he went straight to bed leaving me all alone without a place to sleep a blanket or anything. I found Joe's top from earlier and changed into in the bathroom after having a shower and removing my make up. I was extremely hot, I have had a headache since Wiltshire and my throat was now really sore. I made myself a glass of water and went and sat on my bed for the night.

Byron pov

I woke up extremely thirsty, I yawned opening my eyes, my hand searching for a drink. I sighed and stumbled out of bed into the kitchen I stood there shivering downing a glass of water, it was very cold in here , I quickly headed back to the warmth of my room and quickly jumped into bed and hid under the duvet. I was lying in bed my eyes closed, on the verge of sleep when I a thought dawned upon me, Edie is sleeping in there, it was freezing. I grabbed a blanket from the end of my bed and walked back into the room.
"Are you awake?" I whispered as I got close to the sofa. I looked down at her, her face was extremely pale, she had no blankets on her but she was sweating a lot.
"Uhhhherm" she moaned in response still part asleep.
I quickly ran up the stairs, "joe" I shouted, usually I wouldn't shout in Joe's apartment especially in the middle of the night but I felt desperate. "Joe" I shouted as I burst through the door, Joe was stirring waking up a little. "joe come quick, I think there is something wrong" I said shaking his shoulder.

I was kneeling on the floor next to the sofa, waiting for Joe. " I came to get a drink, it was really cold in here bru so I brought some blankets, I noticed, I noticed she was pale and uh sweating but it's really cold"
Joe out a blanket over her and a cold flannel on her head.
"I am sure she will be fine" he said tho he sounded a little unsure. " probably just a winter cold."

I couldn't sleep, joe told me to go back to bed and get rest, but I couldn't sleep at all. I returned to the living room, joe was sitting by Edie watching her, I could tell he was worried. " Coffee?" I asked going to the kettle. He nodded lightly before sitting at the breakfast bar with me.

"I don't like the boyfriend" Joe said after an hour of silence.
"Why?" I asked holding my mug of coffee in my palms feeling the warmth.
"He was touching her to much, she is to young for that." He said his face full of disgust. "And I heard about them making out, I don't think that's appropriate and she isn't old enough for a boyfriend, I didn't think they were serious like that"
"Is that just because you are her older brother and you are clearly very protective"
"No but well yeh but no, I am not going to let her get hurt or heart broken by anyone especially not a boy, she has been through a lot." He said resting his head on his hands, "and I couldn't stop it then, but I can and will now and will stop anyone trying to hurt her."
"What happened before?" I asked curiously.
"She... she... had... she..." He started, " I couldn't stop it, I had no idea, she didn't talk to me about it" he looked up, I could see his eyes full with tears, I had never seen Joe cry and was scared I was about to.
"I am sorry" I said, hating myself for being so stupid, "but she is all ok now though right?"
"Yeah, I think university has been good for her"
"And this is her first boy friend?" I asked
"Yeah, she hadn't received much attention from males until university, she has changed a lot"