Byron

I woke up confused, my head was pounding, and throbbing it was painful. I looked around, it was still dark outside, Joe's apartment was really hot, outside it was windy rain in the dark morning skies. I could feel my forehead sweating, whilst I'm throbbing agony.
"Joe" I called out, my voice in a croak and crackling state. I tried to stand up I needed to be sick, "joe" I called out my voice straining, I stood up and was knocked off my balance by dizziness, and collapsed back down on to the sofa.
"Dee," Joe said kneeling on the floor next to me .
"I am going to be sick" I tried to say but my voice only carried less than half of it.
"What?" he asked in confusion.
"I am going to be sick" I repeated croakily.
"I know you are sick Dee" he said stroking my hair.
"No I will throw up" I cried out.
"Oh" He said helping me stand up, him and Byron held an arm each and lead me too the toilet, I felt so lightheaded and faint. I collapsed down onto my knees and put my head over the toilet, I felt my hair being held back whilst I violently threw up.

Byron's pov

I held back her soft hair quickly while she threw up. I felt so bad for her, she was sick for a long time. Joe went to the chemist to get some medicine, I was nervous to be left alone with someone puking out her insides. I sat with her holding back her hair until she finished.
"Are you ok?" I asked letting go of her hair as she turned to face me. "Sorry stupid question"
" I'm fine" she replied wiping under her eyes which were smudged black with mascara. I stood up and grabbed a makeup wipe from the packet next to the sink, I sat back down next to her and passed it to her, she hesitated whilst holding it in her hands. "Can you drop me home please?" She asked drowsily her voice cracking and croaking.
"Uhhh I can ask Joe?" I said, "when he gets back, he has gone to get you medicine."
"Now let's get that makeup off, you will feel better"  I said picking up the wipe from her hands and dabbing under her eyes gently. After I cleaned her face I smiled, I had revealed her natural beauty, her light freckles were clear on her nose and cheeks, her face looked fresh and hydrated even if it was extremely pale. She looked even better without makeup, he eyes looked blue and beautiful like the ocean, her lips naturally pinky and peachy, her eye lashes long and dark. "Wow" I whispered under my breathe, "wow" I smiled. She blushed and looked down. "Please never wear makeup" I said making eye contact, "you don't need it" I smiled at her blushing face, "your boyfriend is very lucky" i said now it was my time to blush, "shit did I say that out loud?" She looked up smiling and nodded. "Well your smiling so I clearly did something right, are you feeling better?" I asked recovering from the blushing, she nodded.

We sat on the sofa watching the first episode of friends, Edie was shocked that I had never seen friends, she made us watch the first episode. She was sat next to me with multiple blankets over her, the apartment had full heating at the highest  temperature on, I was so hot and I come from South Africa. I noticed her head nodding as her eye lids fluttered and eventually closed, her head slowly drifted on to my chest. I put my arm around her, my hand resting on her arm, she was stone cold.  I looked down at her face, she was more pale. She slept peacefully and Undisturbed whilst I watched through the friends episode.

Joe returned quietly entering the door after seeing she was asleep. I slipped away putting a couple of pillows under Edie's neck and pulling the blankets up to her neck again. "All they could give her was cold and flu tablets, I could have bought them anywhere" he whispered clearly frustrated.
" do you mind if I pop out? We are out of tea, I can bring you back breakfast?" I asked
"Yeah sure, no I have a breakfast meeting in an hour, will you be back by then?" Joe asked.
"Yeah definitely bru, if we need anything text me" I said putting in my coat and shoes.
"Alright will do Bro, catch you in a bit"
"In a bit bru" I said walking out the door.

I returned to the apartment and put my bags down by door, I told Joe he could go now, Edie was awake again. "She was sick again and is feeling faint" Joe whispered to me after leaving Edie. Joe then left to go to his meeting, he looked tired from being up all night but still headed off to his meeting.

I went and sat next to Edie putting the bags on the floor next to me. "I come bearing gifts" I said opening the bags. "Hair bands; oranges, for Vitamin C; lemsip; throat sweets; woolly socks; tissues; delicious tea; green tea; fruit teas; soup, you Brit's have soup when your ill right?; pineapple juice, apparently it's good for when your ill; chocolate, everyone loves chocolate; biscuits, for the tea obviously ; and hot chocolate."
"Wow" she croaked before coughing. I put a pair of wooly socks on her feet, and tied up her wavey luscious hair into a ponytail.
————————————————————————
Edies pov

"Wow" I said my throat croaking  and stinging, I began to cough uncontrollably for about 20 seconds. Gently Byron put a pair of fluffy socks on my feet and gently tied my hair back. He then laid out throat sweets, tissues, a glass of pineapple juice, water and a hot lemsip and a bag of oranges on the coffee table.
"If you want anything just ask" he smiled sitting next to me on the sofa, "if you want tea and biscuits for lunch breakfast or dinner then you will, whatever" he said pulling the blanket up to my shoulders and putting his arm around my shoulder so I leant into his chest, I looked up at his defined jaw and cheek bones and smiled, he was amazing and really nice and generous, why was he being so nice. I barely know him.