Lay me down

"No" Dee said quietly. Her face pale and bruised. Her eyes looking at the floor.
"Dee I can tell your lying." I said with a lump in my throat, I really hoped what I said was false. "Please Dee, I swear if you confide in me it will stay with me. No Joe, no Zoe, No Caspar, No Police, no one." My hands were sweaty, deep down I knew the truth but I still hoped I was wrong, I still hoped he hadn't. "Please Dee I need to hear you say it."
I watched her, tears erupt from her eyes. Her face break down, I pulled her into my chest and hugged her tightly rubbing my hand in her arm comfortingly. I planted a kiss on her forehead.

Just as Jack thought the shy timid girl had a secret, multiple, secrets that corner her off from the real world. Segregate her from social activity. Make her shy and timid. Stops her being her self. Makes her awkward and scared that she isn't good enough. Makes her feel worthless. Gives her insecurities. Makes her feel not good enough. But jack did suspect that Archie was only a small factor to Doe's personality and her issues.

Jack laid down a sleeping Dee on to his bed and pulled the duvet over her, stroking his hand over her head pushing the hair off her face. His thumb tracing the cut on her lip and the dark red and purple bruise on her eye. Jack let his finger tingle, his stomach fluttered. He has never felt like this before, Dee had changed him, he had never experienced feelings like this before. Jack sighed softly, before swallowing his feelings. He kissed Dee's forehead before leaving and gently closing the door behind him.  He lent back against the door and sighed, he slowly feel back against the door sliding down to the floor. He rested his elbows on his knees and his knees against his chest, he put his forehead in the palm of his hands and sighed again. What had started here? What was he going to do? Dee was going to go through a lot and Jack had to be there for her but could he? The new feelings grew stronger and stronger every minute he was with Dee.