Going

"Dee" I said crouching down next to Dee who was sat against the wall, her knees against her chest. "Dee, I'm going to call Joe"
"No" She croaked her eyes didn't move nor did her body.
"I have to call someone"
"No" she whispered her voice cracking.
"At least the police, he hit you." I said angrily, "I am so sorry, I wish I could of stopped him." I said tears manager to escape my eyes, tears mixed with guilt and anger. "It's my fault"
"It's not" she whispered.
"If I'd got her sooner..." I began.
"Jack stop" she said quietly.
"But"
"Jack just stop" she shouted her voice cracking and harsh sounding in her throat. Her hand moved up to her moth and wiped away a little blood from her lip. She breathed in deeply before standing up. I watched her wince in pain , my arm shot out to help her.
"Dee?" I asked holding on to her.
"It's  nothing" she did stabilising herself.
"Dee you can barely stand." I said worried.
"Please jack it's fine." She said standing up straight, her eyes full of pain. "I'm just gonna go to bed."
"Not here" I said. "Not a chance. Here sit" I said leading her over to the wheelie chair. "I will pick anything you need and you will go back to mine for a while."

"Jack" Dee said quietly as we got to the door of her apartment.
"Yeah" I asked, my arm still firmly holding her as she leaned into me for support.
"We leave this here, in my apartment now. We don't speak of it. Ok?"
"Uhhhh" I said needing time to think it through.
"Jack?" She asked, her big blue eyes looking up at me, one had turned a dark red colour, I could see she was going to get a bruise.
"Yeah ok. Just one question?" I asked as we stopped at the door. "Has he hurt you before?"  I watched her face, studied her reaction.