GoInG hoMe

"Joe... joe" Zoe called whilst jogging to catch up with Joe, "joe, Jack is still waiting, can you at least hear him out"
"Keep him away from Dee, he is trouble." Joe grunted as he continued to walk down the hospital corridor.
"Joe," Zoe called out, she remained in the same spot as her and Joe previously had been. "He is one of your best friends"
"Was" Joe grunted not even looking back at Zoe.
"Joe" Zoe sighed.

"Dee" Alfie said quietly, "Dee, I'm worried about you."
"You shouldn't be" Dee replied leaning against the balcony railings.
"Dee, I think you should speak to someone." Alfie said, "the doctor or a therapist maybe"
"Alfie errrr Nothing is wrong with me, even the doctors said that I just ummmm want to go errrr home."
"People don't go unconscious over nothing," Alfie said quietly. "Where are you living?" 
"At my flat." Dee said biting her thumb.
"Dee, are you still eating like our arrangement." Alfie asked quietly trying to keep the conversation from getting heard by any other soul.
"Yes" Dee whispered, the lying was killing her. She hasn't lied since her teenage years, the years of struggle which she ignored and ignored until one day her secret erupted and was found and even until present her family and close friends worry about her, but that was a different story. The truth is: she hadn't eaten in days, the lying maybe what's killing her more than not eating. Jack was gullible enough and didn't push her into eating nor had he picked up on a problem, yet.
" I should probably go find Joe" Dee said ending the awkward silence, as she headed to the balcony door, she looked back at her sisters boyfriend, brother like friend, Alfie Deyes before heading inside.
"Joe, I umm" Dee started whilst taking to her elder brother everyone in the room listening, "I think I'm errrr gonna go"
"I think it's best if you stay her tonight, where I can watch you"  Joe said firmly, with an air of authority.
"I am ummm fine, I just errrrr want my own ummmmmm bed."
"No Dee, you are staying here" Joe repeated.
"Joe" Zoe said trying to add a point of view, "Joe She's  an adult, you can't control her"
"Zoe please, she has been in hospital." Joe said argumentatively.
"Joe, me and Zoe  are going to stay here tonight, Dee is going to go home and get some rest and call us if she has a problem. I will drop her home now and then tomorrow we can all go get her test results and see her doctor." Alfie stayed.
"That is probably best" Zoe agreed.
Reluctantly Joe allowed it, realising he is out weighed in this situation.