5| The Northwing Gunshots

Don't forget to correct me if I'm wrong! I invite criticism with open arms! :)

Lastly, thanks for opening this book, it means the world to me that you've spent your precious time reading my words and I really appreciate that!

Oh and one last thing - I DO NOT ENCOURAGE DRINKING AND I DO NOT PROMOTE ANY OF THE DRINKS MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER OR ANY OTHER CHAPTER, DRINKING IS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH.

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:NilayaNilu

Thanks a tonne for your consistent votes on this book! I perceive them and I appreciate your lovely reads! ^^

"I'd say I'll drink to that but honestly, I'll drink to just about anything."

~ 365greetings.com

Carlton's POV

The elevator ride all the way was fairly silent. I stared at her, not being able to believe that the last time I saw her was five years ago, when we were in high school. After that, she had disappeared from trace. None of my friends or her friends knew where she went.

And now, after all those years — she was here.

"I...I didn't want to kill them." She pursed her lips together, staring into nothingness. "But they had seen your face, right? I didn't want anybody to remember you."

With a shaky whisper, I asked her the question I'd been fearing, "Did...did you see my face?"

"No, I didn't."

With a ting that seemed to echo, the elevator doors slid open. After we were out, she stood in front of me, adjusting my mask. "You need to forget that this has ever happened. These people are vicious. If they find you, they'll torture you in horrible ways and that is why you need to stay away from this area as long as you can. Do you understand me?"

"Yes." An unstable whisper left my lips.

"Good." She gripped my arm and gently led me somewhere, turning her head in numerous directions, hastily looking out for predators while I had my eyes locked on her. I let her pull me wherever the hell it was that we were going.

If she really thought that I was just going to forget what just happened, then she couldn't be more wrong.

My heart wasn't ready to accept that she was about to leave now and it was quite possible that I would never see her again, ever. I wasn't going to let that happen.

We went through a backdoor that led us out of the hotel into the yard behind it. No soul was in sight out here except a black SUV, parked a few feet from the door.

"Ray?!" Breanna seemed to yell at the car.

The moment we closed in on the SUV, the door slid open and a guy hopped out. Breanna let go of my hand and fell into an instant embrace with this guy.

I sucked a deep breath in. Who was this guy that she was so dearly hugging?

"Oh Mackenzie, I was worried sick!" Ray said.

Oh right, for some reason, literally everyone was calling her 'Mackenzie' now?

"Ray, I'm so sorry! I fucked up. I fucked it all up. I feel horrible–"