8| The Dating Deal

Do tell me what you feel about the story so far!

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:II_jessica_II

I literally LOVE your comments so much my friend, thank you for reading all my stories so enthusiastically and telling me your lovely views on them!! ^^

"I knew I was in trouble the first time I saw you smile."

~ TheLoveBits

Carlton's POV

The two guys - Raymond and Ace - treated me like a criminal threatening to escape from custody. Ace walked meticulously by my side shooting frequent glances towards my left hand that was handcuffed to his right hand. Raymond followed us, holding my gun to the back of my head.

The corners of my mouth twitched into a smirk. These guys were tough and definitely a bit older than me, but not smart enough. Ace had made a mistake by latching my left hand in cuffs which left my dominant hand free; I could easily attack him with it.

Ray, on the other hand, was holding the gun to my head, if I was swift enough I could grab it before he realized and if I carefully twisted his arm, I would have the upper hand. He should've pressed the gun to my spine. It would've made it harder for me to reach it.

Nevertheless, I gave them the liberty as validation. Not only that, but they were taking me to Mackenzie who also happened to be Breanna - the girl my heart's been aching for - and I was not going to ruin my only chance by showing off my proficiencies in hand combat.

They had led me into the house now, but it looked more like a warehouse. It was dark in there but I could notice several vehicle parts strewn and stacked in the room. The metallic sheen of the car doors and mirrors glimmered in the dark, under the moonlight sneaking through the cracks on the roof and the cracks in the walls and windows that were bolted shut by wooden slabs. Enormous shelves covered the walls and held all kinds of tools that looked like they hadn't been moved in years.

I wondered why all of this was inside an old Victorian mansion that looked like a residence. It seemed like someone had tried to secretly run a car manufacturing business.

"Why are the windows covered?" I asked out of curiosity but none of them answered. I could feel the tension in the air that wasn't present before. It was as if they were thinking intently about something and their faces held an overwrought expression.

Soon, I was being led up a derelict metal staircase that rattled and shook from the rust it had accumulated over the years. I began to hope that at the end of these steps, would be an answer to the numerous questions I had right now.

On the next floor, there were several doors bolted shut. They walked me to one of the doors in the middle.

The place was cold and smelled of metal and grime. The dust particles danced under the light rays from the overhead white tube light, which barely made any difference in the dark surroundings.

Ace knocked on the door rhythmically, which was probably some kind of signal, and then he called out, "Mackenzie? We're coming in. You have a guest!"

"Come in!"

It was her. My palms were sweaty now and I felt an inhumane temptation to break free of my handcuffs and run to her.