31| The Unfolding Fates

I'm deeply sorry for the very late update! As you can see, I have shortened the length of my chapters :):)

Hope you enjoy the read!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:@nurkaur 

Thanks a lot for reading my books and leaving such heartwarming comments!! I hope you enjoy this story too ^^

"They broke my wings and forgot that I had claws."

~ isabellestyle.com

Carlton's POV

Two guards, only two, survived the rampage.

We whispered a silent prayer for the ones deceased. After calling emergency services for their bodies — incase any of them survived — we drove away from there.

It was a long and agonizing drive. Not just because of the wounds that marked our bodies, but because we lost good men.

The car ceased in front of a normal-sized house. I barged in. My eyes lit up with euphoria when I saw Breanna sitting on the couch and Phil was standing close by. Her head snapped up towards me.

She huffed, her eyes welling up with tears as she got up and ran towards me.

We hugged with vehemence, her hands sifting through my hair with urgency. She pulled away. Her eyes couldn't stop examining the bloody streaks all over my new shirt and my hand that was bandaged messily.

Her fingers touched my cheeks. She looked up to meet my gaze, searching for something in my expression — but there was nothing but love for her. I loved the way her eyebrows bowed towards the center and her lips parted with worry, for me.

In the past, I could've given up anything just so she would look at me that way.

Leaning up, she placed a soft kiss on my bruised lips. "Why did you leave me?"

As if she had finally processed that I really was back, she let out a long sigh of relief. Her hands curved around my neck, bringing me closer. I breathed tranquilly, calmed by her very presence.

She shifted a little bit in my arms, suddenly, pushing me back. When I looked at her face, her expression was replaced with utter horror, staring at something behind me. I followed her gaze.

"Victor?" Her voice trembled, eyeing Scar who was kneeling on the floor, all tied up.

So this douchebag's real name was Victor?

Scar's head slowly, yet terrifyingly angled up to look at her. His face was dripping with blood, his long strands of black hair hiding his left eye. A shiver ran down my spine.

His lips tugged into a smirk. "Breanna Riley, still an eye-candy." He spoke slowly as if he was tasting every word.

That was it. I couldn't handle his presence anymore. I reached for my pistol.

Breanna couldn't take her eyes off Scar. At this point, her expression was blank, emotionless. She jumped however, when I placed my pistol into her hands.

Our eyes met. Gripping her hands, I curved her fingers around the pistol and lifted her arms up so she was aiming at Scar. She searched for answers in my eyes.

"Put a bullet in his head, Breanna, for everything that he did to you."

Her pupils dilated.

The smirk on Scar's face widened with thrill. I had brought him all the way here because Breanna deserved to kill him, not me; or I would've buried him alive myself.