24| The Broken Wings

Dedicated to:@minlittleprince

Thank you for all the support on my books buddy! :D

"She may be chaos sipping madness from a cup of disaster, but damn, she makes it look good."

~ Jonny Ox

Carlton's POV

Mornings at the Price Villa seemed like waking from a dream, to an even more alluring dream.

The vacant and quite a spacious modern kitchen was eerily, yet serenely silent. Light rays streamed through the windows, the clinking of my spoon, as I stirred my morning coffee, echoed in sync with the birds frolicking the Villa's enormous, green gardens.

A few hushed noises finally emanated from outside, so I followed to see what was going on. Taking a sip from my morning coffee, I opened the porch window of the kitchen to step out into the fresh green grass, barefoot.

And then I choked on the coffee when I saw what I was hearing. There was a carpet laid on the grass. On it, Dylan and Avery were having a small picnic while they ate each other's faces.

They must've have heard me when I attempted to stumble back inside the house.

"Hey!" Avery called out.

Dylan looked away as if he didn't see me at all. Well.

Avery, however, got up and walked towards me, ushering me into a corner. When we were out of his sight, she whispered, concern anointing her makeup-less features, "There's something you need to know."

"Well, there's a lot I need to know," I smirked, "Like my reason for existing."

"Shut up Carl, I'm serious."

Comically, I raised an eyebrow as I acknowledged her actually looking concerned for something in her life; other than how to exploit our sex scandal.

She said hurriedly, "I...might or might not have told Dylan about us."

I choked on my coffee again.

But this time it was different.

This time it hurt.

I began coughing violently and gagging. "You what?!"

She jumped as I slammed the coffee mug on the kitchen table, causing most of it to spill. "You had one job! One fucking job! And that was to not let him know-"

"Yeah well, while you and Damien were away, we all played this game of roasting Carlton Hargrave! And I joked about how you got drunk really quickly and did the nasty and Dylan was like, what the fuck?!"

"First of all, it takes a lot for me to get drunk! Second of all, why the frick would you say that?!"

"He's not mad at me though."

"That's because I'm his best friend and he expects me to tell him everything!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Oh my God..." I covered my face in my hands, my skin heating up with embarrassment, "This is why he was calling me a liar all along! Fuck me!"

"Already did. Thrice."

I lifted my head to give her the dirtiest look I could possibly pull. Am I joke to her? "Just...shut up."

I sauntered out of the kitchen, feeling all kinds of weird. Now I would never be able to show him my face again. Ever. I should just go and die now.