28| The Ice Princess

Oki so it has been come to my notice that my chapters are too long. Whoops XD Sorry guys, I'll make them shorter from now XDXD

If there's anything else like that, please do tell me. I need to know! ^^

I hope you enjoy this amazing chapter!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:@AnengeRita

Thanks a tonne for all the awesome votes on my books!! I'm so glad you've made it this far :):)

"There's something about you, something so wonderfully wicked and terribly sexy, the very mention of your name arouses me."

~ Michael Faudet

Carlton's POV

I woke up from my slumber, slapping my hand on Breanna's side of the bed. And as soon as I did, a jolt of electricity ran through my body.

She was not there!

I jumped up, kicking my blanket off and half-tripping on the fabric and almost slamming my head into a wall; before I realised what was happening. Looking at the ceiling, I groaned with fervour. The thing is — my body was accustomed to waking up with a girl in my arms and I thought Breanna had left me. God, she wasn't safe for my mental health.

Cursing myself, I freshened up in the bathroom before looking for her.

Amidst the white walls and grey furnishing, washing the hotel room with an aesthetic dullness -- I spotted a hint of bright red-orange in the heart of the balcony and walked towards it.

She hadn't the slightest hint that I was behind her, and when I hugged her casually from the back, she jumped. "Don't scare me like that!"

"I almost killed myself trying to look for you."

"What-"

"Don't ask."

She giggled, turning around and bunching up the fabric of my shirt at my shoulders. "Did you sleep well?"

"The best sleep I have ever had. That's probably why I forgot where I was, when I woke up." I took one of her hands and brought it to my mouth, kissing her palm. She quivered but didn't stop me.

Gliding my lips gently down her arms, I grabbed her by the waist, pulling her closer to me.

But then I stopped.

Something was not quite right. I pulled back a little bit, to view what had ceased my lips from going any furthur. And to my horror, I saw something that made the ground slip from beneath my feet.

On the skin of her arm — her soft as silk skin that I had admired from far since I was a kid — was in shreds.

My eyes focused bereaved at the scars that marked the inside of her arms, slashing and criss-crossing, all the way till the inside of her elbows. I was so baffled and dazed that I didn't realise that I was practically grabbing her wrists to keep her arm in place; so I could get a better look.

She began squirming and frenziedly tried to pull her hand out of my grip.

I let go, watching her back away into a corner, tears streaming down her face as she held on to her wrist.

"Bree..."

She looked at me, hurt, ashamed, but mostly — scared. Turning away, she went into the bedroom and locked it from inside.