25| The Hot Pursuit

Guys holy shit. 'Carlton' won first place in The Typer's Awards Action category! Like...wtf?? I've never won anything before!! Always and Twin Tussle were never good enough to compete with those amazing books so I didn't even think much for this one. I was so overjoyed when I saw it, I can't even explain it...!

Shoutout to Luna_Vaethenee  for being an awesome judge and foodbourne  for hosting the awards :):)

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:@kimberlyeunice

Thank you so much for the consistent votes on all of my books! I appreciate your support so much :):)

"As days become years, friends become family."

~ blog.alexandani.com

Carlton's POV

The warm rays of the sun streamed through the tinted window panes, cars zooming past outside while the pedestrians hurriedly made their way past each other. I was seated on a chair, crossing one leg over the other, in a private lounge of a luxury hotel.

A custom-made Brunello suit encassed my body, designed by the king of cashmere himself, Brunello Cucinelli. I preferred him over the others, because his style was chic and it screamed class.

I have always been a fan of neutral-hued suits and classic Italian fabrics. After all, a man's choice of suit says a lot about his personality, and I aimed to impress the person that I was going to meet today.

Phil stood beside me, his hands dutifully crossed behind his back.

There was a knock on the door of the lounge. A waitress walked inside, smiling welcomingly. "Sir, Mr. Hargrave is here to see you."

"Send him in," I smiled back.

She moved out of the way and in strode Caden Hargrave.

The moment our eyes met, there was an uneasy detestation in the air. I smirked however, noticing how elegantly, a diamond, hawk-shaped brooch hung from his collar and tucked into his pocket.

He closed the door behind him, never breaking the glare. And I would never know what he was thinking.

His dark blonde, long hair fell on his shoulders, like a lion's mane; he ran a finger through them, reaching up to remove his hat. His stance would remind someone of a fierce wild cat, preparing to perform its best in this game of cat and mouse. But, involving the most powerful people in the world.

He would never have anticipated that I was about to be the cat this time.

"Hello brother," a beam tugged on his lips, looking down on me, "Not gonna stand up to greet me?"

And we're starting off with a shady comment already? Very well.

"Sorry, you didnt earn it," I said, in all seriousness.

I might come off as rude but surprisingly this is how one should deal with people like Caden.

If you're too sweet to them, they'll take it for granted and your sweetness will come back at you to kick you in the face.

With people like him, it was important to be as rude as possible — make them feel bad to a point where they will want to justify themselves.

That's how you break them and get what you want.