26| The Mysterious Stalker

*sigh* my life is tiring me. I really want to finish this book and I WILL. (>.<)

Logan Walker is an insightful main character of my book "Always". Do check it out if you wish!

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Sorry for the late update ^^

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:@ABleigh09

Thanks a tonne for all the votes! I hope that you're liking the story :):)

"We expect more from certain people, because we love them."

~ dominastic2002 (Edited)

Carlton's POV

If I could summarise the biggest mistake in my life, it would be Logan Walker. He was a living manifestation of the most embarrassing moment in my life — when I was willing to put a bullet in his head for being the guy Breanna liked.

Flabbergasted, I followed him through the main door of his two-floored house. A cosy and homely condo that resided in quite a tranquil neighbourhood, flooded with trees.

The night washed over us as he welcomed me into his place of residence. His house gave me a warm feeling of relief. I felt safe from the person, or people, who were following me.

Immediately, I wondered if Logan ever felt safe around me? Probably not.

"How have you been?" I asked, taking my jacket off and hanging it on the coat rack. My eyes fell on an array of frames arranged in an artistic fashion on the hardwood wall, behind the rack. It was pictures of Logan and his girlfriend.

He saw me looking at them and smiled. "I have been great, and you?"

"You can probably tell," I chuckled nervously, letting my shoulders hang low, "How's Claire?"

He hadn't changed much. I noticed the same fretful look in his eyes as he adjusted his blond hair in place. "She's out of town, so you're safe for now."

Yeah, Claire hated me in highschool. "Thank you."

"No worries, man," he beamed and led me into the kitchen, "Would you like something?"

"Just water, please."

"Oh c'mon!" He enthused. Smirking, he popped open some whiskey. "It's been so long. Why're you being followed? This is probably a normal question for you."

Yeah, pretty normal actually. I have been followed all my life for various reasons. Even for simply running my mouth at some low-life, egotistical maniac. I had to be alert all the time.

Let me just say, a lot of people want me dead.

"Well, it's a long story."

"It probably is." He laughed, handing me a glass of whiskey.

I endeavoured to shake the tension away a little bit. "What have you been up to? How's MIT?"

"Ah. We're having the best time of our lives! Claire and I, some guys and our professors have been working on a project that will change how we perceive about quantum computing. It'll be revolutionary."