9| The Dynamite Girl

Let me tell how grateful I am that you've opened this chapter to give it a read, I appreciate all the support, thank you so much!!

Also, don't forget to always see the pictures that I attach in media boxes because they will help you imagine better ^^

Do vote and comment, it helps me out a LOT! Enjoy the read! :)

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:BitchThatsMe

Gee you're such a good-hearted person and I LOVE you for being such a lovely reader AND an even better friend! Thanks for all the support hun! ^^

"What consumes your mind, controls your life."

~ Pinterest

Breanna's POV

My fingers traced Ray's jawline frivolously, the small dip right below his cheekbone and his perfectly arched eyebrows made me smile with giddiness.

Golden sunlight was peering through the windows, making his bronze skin gleam beautifully.

He looks so peaceful when he's asleep.

People would never guess that his heart was full of menace and hatred, only I was given the glorious opportunity to listen to his stories as he cried on my shoulders during those unforgettable nights.

I hugged the blanket to my chest, leaned up and kissed him tenderly on his cheek, trying my utmost not to wake him up from his afternoon slumber.

I reached down to the floor, found my clothes and put them on hurriedly. The sun was beginning to set; now starting to paint the sky in a dangerous blood-orange hue. The chirps of birds were beginning to fade away, leaving the silent rustling of leaves and chilling howls of the evening gale to take over the night.

After taking a warm shower, I put my bathrobe on and began to browse for clothes to wear for the date. I gave the clock a quick look, confirmed that I still had roughly three hours left until till 8 pm and continued to stare willingly at a light blue flared dress then kept it back inside my closet to look for another one.

"Don't," a voice interrupted me, "you'll look better in blue." Ray was sitting up on my bed, smiling through his raven black tousled hair.

I smiled back. "You think?"

Rubbing his drowsy eyes he said, "You'll look good in anything but light blue matches your eye colour."

My eyes fell on the dress as I removed it back from the closet and examined it. Why was I so concerned about how I looked?

Ray was looking for his shirt when I interrupted him, "Ray? I hope you don't mind that I'm going."

"I do mind. But if that's the only way you'll get rid of him then I guess we have no choice." He bit his lip hesitantly, got off the bed and started adjusting the blanket.

He had always been extremely protective of me; I knew how much it affected him that Carlton Hargrave just happened to come back into my life out of nowhere, especially at a time like this.

Placing the blue dress on a chair, I walked closer to him. He straightened when I cupped his face and touched my forehead to his. His hands banded my waist and we stood there with our eyes closed.