21| The Truthful Lies

If you wish, follow me on Instagram @kelicityy

Also, I really hope you enjoy this chapter! I wrote this when I was on the verge of giving up (on something else, not this book) and I felt really down. Sorry for the late update.

But Carlton and I are back baby!! ;)

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:dominastic2002

Thank you so much for being so extremely supportive! It really makes me happy to see your lovely reviews! Also, that moment when you mentioned "Carlton" as your favourite book, I literally couldn't contain myself (T.T)

"He's the sugar coated taste of sin, a darkness that's worth letting in."

~ @cayswords_ ; Instagram

Carlton's POV

It felt as if the gun would slip from my hands from fear. My fingers quivered inhumanely, the possibility of the next few events washing over me like an anticipated nightmare.

"J-Jovan?" My words echoed in my head and I was left wondering if I even heard myself right.

Very slowly, I put the gun down.

I couldn't kill Jovan.

He worked for my Father, but he had played a big role in my life. Since I was a little boy, he treated me like his own son, dropped me and picked me up from school, defended me from the bullies and sometimes even attended the parent meetings at school when Father was busy.

He was family.

With respect, I let my arm hang beside me and watched him do the same.

"Jovan," I said, when I finally gained my conscious back, "What're you doing here?"

His face wrinkled as he scowled at me, not angrily but with disappointment. "Carl, your Father wants you to come home."

I clenched my teeth hard until my jaws hurt, passing a short glance towards the flabbergasted Damien.

"Why-"

I cut myself off when my eyes landed on something that made my head spin.

Phil was lying unconscious in the corner of the living room and just a little beside him, two men in black suits were holding Breanna hostage.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins in a frenzy, fuelling my anger that sweltered my respect away.

Clutching the hilt of my pistol, in a flash, I pointed it right at Jovan's forehead again.

They dared to lay their filthy, sinful hands on her. I wouldn't think for a second before blowing their fucking brains out!

In response to my sudden act, he pointed his pistol at me too ensued by Damien pointing his gun at him.

The three of us maintained our stance, glaring at each other.

My eyes fell on Damien's face.

I had never seen him so enraged in my life. His lips were pressed together, eyebrows knitting as he grimaced at Jovan with utter loathing.