22| The Shady Conundrums

I MADE GRAPHICS. For Ray and Ace!! Check em out in the Introduction chapter pleeeeeaaseee :3

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:no_one_ugh

Thanks for all the lovely and extremely funny comments and your support! :):)

"Saw your worst and I stayed."

~ spewest.org

Carlton's POV

When Ray and my glances met, they crashed like thunder striking a city.

We followed them inside the humongous hotel lobby, where everyone was in their own world of complications.

Breanna pushed past me and stood in front of them. "What're you guys doing here?!"

Ray's eyes lit up and he held her hands with eagerness, making my blood boil. "Mackenzie, or should I say, Breanna? I've found a way to destroy Augustus."

I stepped between, placing a hand on his shoulder to prod him away from her. "Fuck off, Ray. There's nothing for you here."

He sneered at me. "Don't forget, I was the one who called you here with that letter."

"And for that reason, I'm the one in control-"

This time I was interrupted by Breanna, who was staring intently at her ex-friend-with-benefits. "What did you say?"

"You heard me," he said, "I left you because I had given up on taking revenge for Aunt Vivian. But Ace and I later found a way."

"Whoa, hold on!" I lifted my hand to silence him. "What revenge?!"

Ray sniggered, giving me a one-sided, scornful smirk. "What a pity. You're supposed to help her and she didn't tell you shit. I wonder why!"

That was it.

My tolerance level had reached its peak and I snapped.

The veins in my neck throbbed as I bared my teeth together. I jumped on him, grabbing his throat with my hands, and began to push him back so he would fall.

It caught him by surprise, and he huffed loudly as I thrust on his chest to cause him to trip. But he maintained his balance somehow.

Numerous yells were echoing in the large lobby as I heard people running up to us.

I attempted to punch him but felt my arms being grabbed from the back.

My head was hot and furious and I didn't care who I was pushing away to tear Raymond apart.

There was something about him that fuelled my frustration. His egoistic alpha-male attitude ticked me off until I had no other choice but to express it physically by beating him up.

Ace was trying to hold Ray back when Breanna appeared. She placed a hand on my chest and asked me to stop in such a soft-spoken voice that I had to.