12| The Redhead's Condo

Thanks a tonne for 2K on TBB!!! OH MY GODDD

Don't forget to vote, it helps me out a lot!!

Do point out my mistakes! Thank you for reading!! :D

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:aesthetic_s19

Girl, thank you sooo much first of all for being such a great friend and talking to me whenever I felt down. I appreciate your support and encouraging comments so much! God bless ^^

"Even if we can't be together in the end, I'm glad that you were a part of my life."

~ Quote Ambition

Carlton's POV

My eyes widened instantly as soon as I felt an unwelcome sensation of something tearing my lower abdomen apart. For some time, I didn't feel the pain and then all at once, the pain came flooding in frenziedly.

Squeezing my eyes tight shut, my legs gave away and I fell, face first, towards the ground. My body collapsed feebly into the dried grass and shrubs.

A loud grunt escaped my throat when the burning ache slithered upward and into my flesh. My body contracted violently. My palms clutched the grass blades around me, uprooting them.

The pain was burning hot and emanated from the right side of my lower abdomen, a little below my navel.

The only thing consuming my mind was – I was shot and I was going to die.

I heard the gut-wrenching sounds of gunshots behind me. And then I noticed something – the gunshots were too far away.

That only meant that I made it into the woods.

Placing one hand over the wound, I turned my body around with immense struggle. When I did, I saw that I had left the building way behind.

Remembering what Ace told me, I pushed myself off the ground and looked ahead. I was supposed to cross the woods and meet Breanna.

The pain was unbearable when I tried to walk. Stumbling forward, I grabbed a tree for support. I was covered in sweat and when I saw my hand that covered the wound – my fingers were dripping with blood.

Looking down, I noticed my entire T-shirt was soaked in blood and some part of my jeans too. My head began to spin with fear.

Maybe it was my survival instincts that kicked in, but I began to slowly make my way through the woods. I faltered and I cried with pain several times. So much that my throat was sore and my eyes were welling up with painful tears.

I didn't want to die. I wanted to live to see the world and there was so much that I wanted to do. I regretted all those times I wasted when I could've possibly done anything. But I took my life for granted.

My breathing was harsh and my tears were blurring my vision but I spotted something from my peripheral vision.

Lights!

A sudden headache came barrelling in and I grabbed the nearby tree for support, soaking its bark with my bloody hands.

When I looked around, I realized I had made it all the way across the woods without dying. In front of me, I spotted the parking lot with only one, large, black SUV.