10| The Unforeseen Encounter

Please don't forget to vote and comment, it helps me out a LOT!!

Thank you so much for opening this book and keeping up with the story! I really appreciate your support ^^

Do let me know if I'm making mistakes in my writing or if there's any way I can improve!

Love, K!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dedicated to:SpeedySmall

Gurl you are so LIT and such an amazing friend! I know it's only been about a couple of days since we became friends but seriously though, you're are one of the most amazing people XD Thank you for your support!!

"I broke my rules for you."

~ favim.com

Carlton's POV

I was on my third cigarette since morning.

I lifted my hands up to rub my temples attempting to cease the pain that Alexandra had initiated. This wasn't me. I was never out of my mind, ever. I had an impressive control over my emotions but at this depressing hour, all I wanted was to pass out and forget everything.

After sneaking out from the rooftop party around 7pm, I had made my way to the Italian restaurant – Bamonte's, and so here I was waiting for Breanna in the lounge area, which the staff provided for me, so I could smoke my heart out.

Whipping my phone out, I called Philip, my security detail.

"Sir?"

"Phil, ever heard of Albrecht Bancroft?"

He hesitated a bit, "O-Of course, your brother's business partner."

"Yes, his daughter Alexandra has been getting on my nerves recently. Pull out some old files, buried contracts, trace those covered up genealogical criminal records. Find any dirt you possibly can on her. Would you do that for me?"

"Sure thing Sir, but may I ask why?"

"No you may not," I replied, examining the smoke emanating from the cigarette, "And remember, your investigation should be discreet."

I was about to wreck her inside-out.

Slipping my phone back into my pocket, I rested my head back on the couch. My eyes shifted toward the ceiling, the massive glass chandelier immediately catching my attention.

It was made up of so many diamonds and crystals all clustered into a sophisticated design. For a moment, I wondered how the man sitting opposite to me would react if it suddenly fell and shattered. How did they even hang something so massive on a single wire cord?

Even something so breath-taking, an aesthetic pleasure, could actually kill someone.

I took another long drag from the cigarette.

I was beginning to get impatient, it was ten minutes past 8pm and yet there was no sign of her. She wouldn't ditch me, she can't, we had a deal.

Just then, a disappointed chuckle left me. Since when did I start to expect things from other people? I had taught myself not to trust anyone and yet here I was dreaming she would show up. Since when did all my rules stop applying for her?