16| The Unceremonious Plan

Dedicated to:brokenoreos

Thanks a shit tonne for being such a good friend to me on and off wattpad!! I love you and your support beyond measure!!

Check out her amazing books y'all!! She's a star XOXO

"I'm going to find you. I promise.

Until then, please be safe."

~ Carlton Hargrave; Chapter 16

Carlton's POV

I couldn't possibly have been prouder when Damien Price spoke self-assuredly on the phone. "Yo, Flo! Yeah, it's been long."

Flo? What kind of an addle-head is named Flo?

For a long time, Damien blabbered about how his family was in the pink of their health before finally getting to the point.

I grinned, leaning back on the couch and propping my legs on the coffee table, fervently waiting for him to astound me again.

The nuance of Damien's voice changed to a solemn one. "I have work for you. No. I just need to find someone. No! No! Not assassinate them! I just need information! Yes! How much?"

My fingers must've quavered just a little when I heard the word "assassinate". What kind of person was Damien talking to? Was he hiring a Mafioso?

"Damien." I gave him a warning glare but he didn't budge.

"Alright," he exclaimed as he put the phone down and gave me an endearing beam, "They'll be looking for Breanna."

"Damien, I swear if you've hired hitmen or some shit--"

"Dude, calm down. I know them personally. They'll do the job."

"What job?! And who the fuck is Flo?!"

He sighed, propping his legs on the table like me. "Florencio. Famously known as Florencio "Flo" Scott. He has some men who will look for your girlfriend in Massachusetts. They will ask around and possibly tell you all the locations where she was seen last."

This Flo guy was raising major red flags in the back of my mind but Damien seemed to know what he was doing.

Even though I was quivering with rage, it dissipated away instantly. I was kind of impressed. "Impressive. And for the record, she's not my girlfriend."

He chuckled. "Well, you sure talk about her as if she's the sun and moon of your life."

I felt heat creep up to my cheeks, my drifting gaze endeavoring to avoid his eyes. "Just do your job, Damien."

"I am doing my job. And I'm doing it very well." He was smirking now, coaxing me to ramble at him.

He wanted me to admit my feelings for her so he could tease me about it later. Not happening.

As much as I loathed his manipulative and quick mind, I was equally gratified of it. I couldn't feel more content knowing that he was on my side.

In all honesty, though, I just wanted Breanna to be safe. And the fact that she admitted that she wasn't, was making me lose my mind.

Florencio Scott was supposedly very good at finding people.

And killing them too.