twenty eight

March 18th, 2017

"Wow, Lo, you never told me you had a bedwetting problem."

Lauren rolls her eyes so hard they almost pop out of her skull, and she turns around to send Camila a teasing smirk, before pushing another packet of pull ups onto the shelf. "You know, the only reason I'm restocking these is because someone came in and bought them in bulk. I'm guessing it was your mom, saving you the embarrassment of coming in yourself."

Camila claps a hand to her chest and lets out a dramatic gasp. "Lauren! How could you say such a thing to your amazing and beautiful girlfriend?"

"Drag me, I'll drag you back," Lauren shrugs, checking her watch and figuring she only has another half hour left or something if Camila is here. She frowns when she notices the time; six thirty. Thirty minutes before opening time. "Um, you realise the store isn't open, right?"

Camila shrugs nonchalantly. "The doors were unlocked."

"But the store is closed," Lauren points out, rolling her eyes again, "you're going to get kicked out. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up getting me fired one of these days."

"That's the plan, babe," Camila smirks, "I'm saving you from your ugly uniform."

"Oh my god," Lauren mutters to herself, cutting open another box, "It's not that bad."

"Yeah, tell that to the vest," Camila snorts, tracing over the obnoxious smiley face and I'm happy to help plastered across her girlfriend's back. "Why do I feel like you're really not happy to help?"

"You wouldn't want to deal with customers either, if you'd been up since seven last night." Lauren points out, before another question pops into her head. "Why are you here, anyway? Your neighbours can't have been drilling again."

Camila casually shrugs. "I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, and I knew you were working, so I figured I'd show up, spend time doing my favourite thing; mocking your uniform, and then treat my hardworking babygirl to breakfast once she's finished. And before you say it; yeah, I know, I'm pretty amazing."

"The breakfast sounds nice, but the rest of it, not so much," Lauren comments, grabbing a stool and standing on it to reach the top shelf. "I don't see why you're so against my uniform, though. It's still not as bad as that one tour outfit where my tummy was sticking out a lot. I hated that."

Lauren doesn't even think about the words when they come out of her mouth, and she has a weird image of being on a stage, with Camila, Normani, Ally and Dinah, all of them in white. She frowns, shaking the thought from her head and pushing another packet of pull-ups onto the shelf.

"Sorry, I don't even know what I'm talking about," Lauren sighs, focusing on her work. "Sometimes it's like... I don't even know why I'm telling you this, because you'll think I'm insane, but it's like I remember things that didn't happen. It's really starting to worry me, because that's got to be some kind of like... mental health issue. Or something."

Camila stares at her, still in shock over the words, shaking her head. "Maybe it did happen."

"Camila," Lauren rolls her eyes, brushing it off the way she always does. "I'm sure it's just sleep deprivation from working shitty hours."

"Tell me more," Camila practically orders her, "about the things you remember. That didn't happen."

"I don't know, it always fades after a while," Lauren shrugs, sighing, "it's happened pretty much ever since I had that really bad few months last year. Sometimes I see people I don't know, and I feel like I do know them. It's weird. You probably think I'm a psycho."