fifty two

August 12th, 2017

It's like Camila's mind won't shut up.

I was the last member of Fifth Harmony to show up here. I showed up when I wasn't in the group, she reviews, Ally and Normani came together, same with Lauren and Dinah. I was alone, and then Lucy showed up.

She wonders if there's a connection; if there's a reason everyone showed up in that specific pattern. With Lauren and Dinah, she doesn't know what the link could be. As far as she knows, Dinah came here because she'd felt like she'd lost Camila forever, so why had she shown up on the same day as Lauren? Why hadn't she arrived on September 5th, same as Camila?

The loud knock on the front door makes Camila jump out of the mental reverie she's in. She puts all of the questions she has at the back of her mind, and pauses the episode of Sex and the City she'd had playing in the background. She stands, and grabs a key from beside the door, unlocking it.

Lauren sends her a small smile. "Hey. Can I come in?"

"Sure," Camila frowns, stepping aside and letting Lauren in. She locks the front door behind her and turns around. "Did I forget a date or something?"

"No, no," Lauren answers easily, "You've been kind of AWOL. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"And a text couldn't have done that?" Camila raises her eyebrows, but when she sees how Lauren deflates, she smiles and squeezes her hand. "I think it's sweet that you came here. Actually... you might be some help."

Lauren raises her eyebrows. "Only might?"

"Alright, fine," Camila laughs, pulling her into the lounge. She flops down on the couch and plays the episode she'd paused, even though she's not really watching it; she just hates sitting in silence. Lauren sits next to her, looking inquisitive. "I want to know why you're here."

Lauren frowns. "I just told you, I came to make sure you're okay?"

"No, no, I mean here," Camila explains, gesturing around them wildly. "This universe."

"Well, I woke up after getting outed, so I figure maybe it's that," Lauren answers slowly, like it's the most obvious thing in the world, "seriously, are you okay?"

"No, but... Dinah came here when she thought she'd lost me forever, and you came here after getting outed," Camila repeats, frowning to herself. She thinks for a moment, Lauren's bright green gaze fixed on her, before she groans loudly and flops backwards, hitting her head against the back of the sofa. "Ouch! But- yeah, there's no link!"

"Except the fact that we both woke up in an alternate universe," Lauren points out, "we all woke up in an alternate universe."

"Well, duh, I know that," Camila points out, "but there has to be a reason why you guys woke up on the same day. Same with Normani and Ally. It's just me and Lucy who came here separately. There has to be some kind of link."

"I mean... everything that happened to bring us here was negative," Lauren points out, "but that's the same for everyone. I think... maybe it's just coincidence."

"Then why didn't Lucy show up on September 5th, same as me?" Camila questions her, and Lauren just sighs, shrugging. "Exactly. Normani and Ally. Have you seen them? And have they said anything else?"

"Yes, and I really think you should reach out to them," Lauren says, and Camila knows she should, but she's been obsessing over everything, wondering if it's all really her fault. "It's probably important."